Sheds, Deadheads and Weed

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Sheds, Deadheads and Weed

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

KLEMZ wrote:I have found two grow operations on SE Wisconsin public land. Amazingly, both were in mature buck bedding areas! I have not hunted either of these areas because I hunt to enjoy myself (not worry about being whacked). But I do chuckle sometimes when scouting, as I joke to myself, "if I were a pothead, where would I grow?" This seems to lead me to mature buck hidey holes!! Go where people don't go!

I was gonna say think like a pothead but then it dawned on me that would mean I wouldn’t even have the ambition to get out and find the buck beds. I just would stay home, listen to the Grateful Dead and toke some more herb while thinking about how I’m being hassled by the man. :lol:

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 am

Dewey wrote:
KLEMZ wrote:I have found two grow operations on SE Wisconsin public land. Amazingly, both were in mature buck bedding areas! I have not hunted either of these areas because I hunt to enjoy myself (not worry about being whacked). But I do chuckle sometimes when scouting, as I joke to myself, "if I were a pothead, where would I grow?" This seems to lead me to mature buck hidey holes!! Go where people don't go!

I was gonna say think like a pothead but then it dawned on me that would mean I wouldn’t even have the ambition to get out and find the buck beds. I just would stay home, listen to the Grateful Dead and toke some more herb while thinking about how I’m being hassled by the man. :lol:

Hahaha...I got in three miles of scouting yesterday. And I don't like the Dead. Got to move past the stereotypes, Dewey! :lol:
Seriously though, that herb is what gets guys like me who limp from bad joints up, out and moving. I've had to give up all athletics because of my knees, and I won't do pills, so if I'm going to hunt (especially Beast style), it's God's created goodness or nothing. Nothing puts me on the couch during scouting season and in a close stand to the road to hunt :snooty: ... i would just give up hunting.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am

I wouldnt worry about it will be legal in all states before to long :D
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am

Get rid of the weed and the deer may leave :shock:
:violence-bowandarrow:
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 am

Pretty sure the thicket I killed my Ohio buck from was used to grow this past summer. They had a nice trail cut back to it that dead ended right where it got thick. Got pics of a guy walking in with a hood over his head but he must have circled the cam because I never got him coming back. Funny thing is, it didn't slow the deer down one bit. I had a pic of the guy then our #1 buck the next day and I killed my buck a few days after that. We leased the place in Sept and i'm thinking he was just getting his stuff out of there when we moved in. Hope so at least :lol:
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I've got a story lol.

When I first started bowhunting, I'd go with my ex brother-in-law to his uncle's land in the central part of the state. His cousin enjoyed himself quite the amount of "herbal intake" and hated his job at the Waupaca foundry. He decided he was going to grow about 150 plants, quit his job, and live off the earnings from his yearly "harvest". I found the patch on accident while walking back from dumping some mineral and placing a trail cam.

Anyways, I remember goin up a few weeks before season so we could check the cam. The uncle came outside when we arrived laughing hysterically. "Watch out for the young punk...he's ready to kill someone!!" :? "His 'crops' were just about ready....and they're demolished!!!! Deer ate em all!!! :lol: " His boy comes flying out of the house waving his arms and all. "I'm killin the first 'freakin' button buck I see on opening day!" And mumbled his way to his car.

Fastfoward to opening day. He called my brother-in-law about 5 minutes into shooting light to say he just shot his biggest buck ever. As it was leaving the remaining patch of destroyed weed!! It was about a 135" 10 pt. I laugh every time I think about it!!! :lol:

Morel of the story...dont mess with a man and his weed ROFL!
How bad do you want it?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Now that’s what I call an expensive food plot. :o

Betting that buck was stoned and had the munchies. Probably why he was so easy to kill. :lol:
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:10 am

Dewey wrote:Now that’s what I call an expensive food plot. :o

Betting that buck was stoned and had the munchies. Probably why he was so easy to kill. :lol:

Lol right?! You can't make stuff like this up haha!
How bad do you want it?
fr0sty

Unread postby fr0sty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 am

I"m pleasantly surprised how green friendly this website is. :clap: :mrgreen:
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 am

fr0sty wrote:I"m pleasantly surprised how green friendly this website is. :clap: :mrgreen:

x2
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
SwampThing1980

Unread postby SwampThing1980 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:04 am

I’ve heard of buckwheat; but “Buckweed”? What a killer marketing brand :shock: :lol:
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 am

Down here they rent houses, tint up windows, put in special air filters to stop the aroma from getting outdoors, steal electricity and put in hydroponics with grow lights. They will use up every square feet of the house for plants.

It always nice to see when the leo's do a major bust like that. It is usually either the electric company the catches on first because of meter usage or neighbors catching a unique smell.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”