Thanks Dan and Joe !!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Thanks Dan and Joe !!

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:50 am

Dewey wrote:
kurt wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:Kudos to them. They picked the hardest time to kill a good buck imo. They should do volume 2 and come back late oct early nov.

Joe has his wi tag filled. I'm betting he is coming back but I'm not speaking for him. Just a hunch.

A few trips up to the UP would be fun Joe. ;)

Check out Sylvania Wilderness if you want an awesome bigwoods experience. Screw that hunting pressure. :lol:

Sylvania is BIG woods. Huge trees. Like hundreds of years old. Cool place.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:58 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:
kurt wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:Kudos to them. They picked the hardest time to kill a good buck imo. They should do volume 2 and come back late oct early nov.

Joe has his wi tag filled. I'm betting he is coming back but I'm not speaking for him. Just a hunch.

A few trips up to the UP would be fun Joe. ;)

Check out Sylvania Wilderness if you want an awesome bigwoods experience. Screw that hunting pressure. :lol:

Sylvania is BIG woods. Huge trees. Like hundreds of years old. Cool place.

It’s the last old growth forest in the midwest. Never been logged. Absolutely humungous trees in there. Coolest hunt I have ever been on. At one point I was 3.5 miles in and the backwoods silence was awesome. I have a thread on here from that hunt but Photobucket blurred out the pics.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 pm

kurt wrote:Thanks for sure. Sometimes we forget Dan and Joe took vacation from there real jobs to Hunt Michigan early season. You'd have hard time talking most guys into that.

It was great and I was impressed with Michigan.

Well stated and right on the money.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Dewey wrote:Check out Sylvania Wilderness if you want an awesome bigwoods experience. Screw that hunting pressure. :lol:

I've done fishing trips to Sylvania with a canoe, that's a great place.

Oh, and also thanks to the HB guys participating and making the PLC possible. :clap:
Phantomlake66

Unread postby Phantomlake66 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:28 am

I look forward to every episode from Dan and the Hunting Public. Like everyone says, it's as real as it gets for most hunters. Even Dan's episode I watched last night "Pass the venison, please". Most of it was talking about goals, with a nice buck Dan could have easily shot, but didn't kill- still WAY more entertaining than watching a Drury videos, or any of the other 'fluff' crap out there.
Tabernator23

Unread postby Tabernator23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Agreed, thanks to everyone who contributed to the challenge it was awesome! Wish there was more or another one but already hoping that they will do it again next year. Congrats Dan on that meddling doe and Joe for that beast of a buck!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks everyone... I love the spirit of taking on a challenge. Going outside of your box, and experiencing new areas, new people, and believe it or not, I enjoy a good struggle. Glad everyone enjoyed the show. We should be thanking Aaron and the THP crew for this though, not me. They do all the planning and work... All me and Joe did was show up and go to work. Business as usual.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 pm

I think this series was one of the best. I loved how they all work together and share info. I think they also did a phenomenal job in making it a teaching event for many. and finally, I think they did an awesome job showing the lighter side of things and the comradery that takes place, which is often very hard to capture naturally.
802bowhunter

Unread postby 802bowhunter » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Loved watching it! Hope grows someday and more poeple can come and play!
"The hunting is great, the killing is terrible."
Northern new england.
Trout King

Unread postby Trout King » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 am

Definitely a good show with Dan and Joe. The THP guys always have good content. Michigan early season can be tough on public land.

I was amazed to see where Dan and Joe chose to hunt. The area is about a half hour from my house and I have scouted it extensively and have a couple ground sets not too far from where they hunted down the ridge closer to the swamp.

Their are some big bucks in there, but the pressure pushes them deep into the swamp after the first couple days.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”