Need advice!!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JAK
500 Club

Need advice!!

Unread postby JAK » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:44 am

So i went scouting this morning on the way out i found a old gut pile didnt think much of it since we just had are doe hunt wrap up. As i got closer to the gut pile i noticed a chest cavity from a deer which kind of had me scratching my head seeing how i was 300 yards from the parking lot who would bring there deer back to where they shot it right ? And not drag it the 300 yards to the parking lot.

So i start to walk towards the chest cavity and see a head about 20 yards from the chest cavity. As i walk past the chest cavity i think to myself man is that big. To big to be a doe. As i get to the head i notice that there were horns that had been cut of at the skull. And from the looks of it looked to be pretty big.

So from how old the carcus looked i would assume it was from the doe hunt lastweekend.

Just wondering if i should report this or if its a lost cause. Just really kind of irritates me that we have good honest hard hunters waiting there turn to bow hunt to kill a deer the right way then you have people like this. Bout ready to hang the bow up for the year.

Brian1986

Re: Need advice!!

Unread postby Brian1986 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:51 am

I'd report it. Even if they can't figure out anything in relation to that deer it will raise awareness and draw more attention to maybe catch someone in the future.
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:07 am

Brian1986 wrote:I'd report it. Even if they can't figure out anything in relation to that deer it will raise awareness and draw more attention to maybe catch someone in the future.

X2
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Jdw wrote:
Brian1986 wrote:I'd report it. Even if they can't figure out anything in relation to that deer it will raise awareness and draw more attention to maybe catch someone in the future.

X2

x3
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:21 pm

X4
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Some people... :roll: Unreal.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:44 am

So - maybe it was shot during doe season? You found a rib cage and a skull in the woods and need to report it as illegal activity?

Can't we all just get along?
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:11 am

I would report it as well. I've been seeing more poaching going on this year than previous years. Something about deer hunting can make some good people loose their wits. And then there are the ones that poach and break the laws everyday. I have found several deer like this this season. One was a target buck in early season too.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
lyndon57

Unread postby lyndon57 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:44 am

Report it.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 am

It may have been shot outside of doe season or someone found it dead & took the antlers or something else, but it doesn't hurt to make the call & report it. They will probably not think much of it unless there was a related case or there has been a lot of illegal activity in the area. It could potentially help them, but probably not. Again. Doesn't hurt to call.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:09 am

JAK wrote:So i went scouting this morning on the way out i found a old gut pile didnt think much of it since we just had are doe hunt wrap up. As i got closer to the gut pile i noticed a chest cavity from a deer which kind of had me scratching my head seeing how i was 300 yards from the parking lot who would bring there deer back to where they shot it right ? And not drag it the 300 yards to the parking lot.

So i start to walk towards the chest cavity and see a head about 20 yards from the chest cavity. As i walk past the chest cavity i think to myself man is that big. To big to be a doe. As i get to the head i notice that there were horns that had been cut of at the skull. And from the looks of it looked to be pretty big.

So from how old the carcus looked i would assume it was from the doe hunt lastweekend.

Just wondering if i should report this or if its a lost cause. Just really kind of irritates me that we have good honest hard hunters waiting there turn to bow hunt to kill a deer the right way then you have people like this. Bout ready to hang the bow up for the year.

I was wondering if you ended up reporting it?

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”