Wyoming Public Antelope

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lrkepple

Wyoming Public Antelope

Unread postby Lrkepple » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:08 pm

I’m planning to hunt antelope in Wyoming in 2021. I’ve never hunted there. Looking for advice on general areas and units and public access. I don’t really care about trophy bucks and would prefer lots of opportunities on legal animals. I’m taking my 73 year old Dad (still in great shape). Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

If this is the wrong forum, please let me know, new to the Beast as well. Thanks

PublicLandOwner529

Re: Wyoming Public Antelope

Unread postby PublicLandOwner529 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:12 am

I did a public land antelope hunt in Wyoming in 2017 with a couple buddies. All four of us shot nice bucks in the first few days. My advice to you is get the best pair of Binoculars you can afford, arrive a day early and glass a lot. Not just from the road. We had tons of success just getting out and walking over the first rise or two in terrain. Seemed most local boys were just “road hunting”
When you find does, keep looking....the buck is there somewhere.
PublicLandOwner529

Unread postby PublicLandOwner529 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:13 am

Also pay attention to which roads are public! Not all roads running through public land are driveable. I highly highly recommend onX maps
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:11 am

I am looking into this as well. The interactive map on the game and fish website has most info you need. The seasons and draws are more confusing to me. Do you have preference points or just applying and hoping to get lucky? I don’t think they have OTC tags for Non resident but I could be wrong it’s all pretty confusing
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
PublicLandOwner529

Unread postby PublicLandOwner529 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:15 am

They do not have otc tags. The unit I hunted I had zero points, applied for the kill tag and got drawn, at that time it was an 80% draw chance with 0 points. Have been building points to hunt another unit since then. Will be going again 2021

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”