First bow fishing trip

• Advertisement

HB Store

GoInLight

First bow fishing trip

Postby GoInLight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:06 am

Man I got back about 5 am this morning from an all night bow fishing trip. I just wanted to say, it was awesome!!! I can't believe I've been missing out on this fun! Also hittin them things ain't easy! Anyway if you haven't tried it, do it it's fun!

Rich M
500 Club

Re: First bow fishing trip

Postby Rich M » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 am

I just always wondered what folk do with the fish after the trip. The few carp I've caught have been stinky so I tend to leave em be.

I could do it on large mullet, except it is not legal where I fish - no spear fishing or shooting the fish. Can gig em tho.
GoInLight

Postby GoInLight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 am

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with em. We shot mostly carp and drum and we tossed them. We did put out a bunch of jugs and limb lines and caught a good mess of catfish. Caught about a 30 lb flathead on a limb line. My 12 yr old son came along and he loved it!! It's just a blast and you get to shoot the bow a lot!! I see a lot of late nights in my future.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Postby Boogieman1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:28 am

i sell em to some local fisherman and guides who use it for trot line and cut bait. Anyone who's never tried, it's a blast
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Return to “Bow Fishing”