Fishing trips

• Advertisement

HB Store

csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Fishing trips

Unread postby csoult » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:40 am

I'll try to update this as I go on trips.... I have some work in New Mexico next week and will be stopping at the San Juan river to fish for a day, hopefully more. I love adventures and fishing has taken me on my fair share.

I took a fishing trip to Montana and Wyoming last fall. We stopped at the Big Horn for a couple days then went to the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone and hiked 11 miles in to fish the 3rd meadow on Slough Creek.

The Big Horn is a world class tail water that has more fish per square mile than anywhere I have ever fished, the fish there average 17" and the smallest I caught was about 13". Really fun fishing, not real challenging but very fun. Some of the best dry fly fishing I have ever experienced, the fish are not leader shy and were eager to take. I was unprepared for how dry it was out west, and the temps for the days we were on the Big Horn were in the 90's every day without a cloud in the sky. Those conditions here would put fish down for sure, not there.

Big Horn

I always forget to take fish pics

Drive In hole

Hiking in to Slough Creek combined some of my favorite things; hiking, camping, nature and fishing. The hike was hard and fishing Slough in September was no easy task. There were no bugs, and the water was gin clear. Most of my success was on a flying ant and a hopper. Watching the fish come 8'-10' from the bottom of some of the holes was very difficult. Patience was the key....

First Meadow

Second Meadow

Third Meadow

Cuttie

First Fish

My Spot!!!!

Came around the turn and there he was 20 yards

In the Valley

Gin clear

Picturesque

Jackson Marsh

Re: Fishing trips