Farmland Scouting 1/17 to 1/20

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MOBIGBUCKS

Re: Farmland Scouting 1/17 to 1/20

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:Great examples! It is amazing the consistency in these farm land bucks. I found 5 beds this weekend and the shed of 150" 8 point. You mind if I post the bed pics in this thread since its pretty about farmland bucks.

Post away man! That's why I made this thread. :D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am

Going to post a few beds I found this weekednd. Some have pics of rubs some dont. I will also add the aerial in to give you guys a general idea. The first bed is right by the road and nobody goes here. The others are set up to watch hunters and a house.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 am

View from the bed looking over the crp.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 am

This next bed is looking at a house. It is on a slight hill where it levels out. Thick cover behind him. There was hair and tracks in the bed along with rubs.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 am

Just took one video of this bed. He is set up to watch us come across the field. There was a bunch of old rubs in the staging area. The little shed is one I found in the water way prior to finding the bed.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 am

This is the last bed I found for the day. Another old bed that dosnt get pressured. I didnt take pics but from the ariels you can see how common the bedding is in farm county!

Here was a pic of a bed close by in the cattails. I think its a doe bed. They are sheding pretty good right now.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 am

There was 2 videos in there and there not loading. Im not sure how to fix that. Sorry guys!
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

Great Job man!!! :clap:

Any of those spots pan out that we marked up a couple months back? The reason I ask is that some of the obvious stuff on the maps look like it should have bedding, but when you actually put boot leather on the ground it's a different story. I've been finding a lot of beds in places that look great on the ground but look like nothing from an aerial.

BTW, I found a 63 4/8 inch four point side on Saturday. Figured it came off a 145 inch eight. I'll post pics when i post the buck bed near there.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:This is the last bed I found for the day. Another old bed that dosnt get pressured. I didnt take pics but from the ariels you can see how common the bedding is in farm county!

Here was a pic of a bed close by in the cattails. I think its a doe bed. They are sheding pretty good right now.

Solitary bed or more of an open bedding spot??
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:Great Job man!!! :clap:

Any of those spots pan out that we marked up a couple months back? The reason I ask is that some of the obvious stuff on the maps look like it should have bedding, but when you actually put boot leather on the ground it's a different story. I've been finding a lot of beds in places that look great on the ground but look like nothing from an aerial.

BTW, I found a 63 4/8 inch four point side on Saturday. Figured it came off a 145 inch eight. I'll post pics when i post the buck bed near there.

For the most part yes. Off of the points and the overlooked spots. I put a pic of the sheds I found Friday in the shed thread. He droped it in that cattle pasture you said to check out. I still have to walk the property by the horse farm, and I have another 200 acre farm I havnt been to since season. Hopefully I can check it out soon. Going to get some more trail cams to get an inventory of bucks. I have some big bucks running around I just need to kill them!
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
Sweet Shot 7 wrote:This is the last bed I found for the day. Another old bed that dosnt get pressured. I didnt take pics but from the ariels you can see how common the bedding is in farm county!

Solitatry. Its not to far fromt he buck bed. That whole transition line is tore up with rubs. It could be a buck.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:
MOBIGBUCKS wrote:Great Job man!!! :clap:

For the most part yes. Off of the points and the overlooked spots. I put a pic of the sheds I found Friday in the shed thread. He droped it in that cattle pasture you said to check out. I still have to walk the property by the horse farm, and I have another 200 acre farm I havnt been to since season. Hopefully I can check it out soon. Going to get some more trail cams to get an inventory of bucks. I have some big bucks running around I just need to kill them!

Great Problem to have my friend!!

I think that Horse Farm is my favorite out of the ones you posted.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:
MOBIGBUCKS wrote:

Solitatry. Its not to far fromt he buck bed. That whole transition line is tore up with rubs. It could be a buck.

I bet it's a buck bed. Some of the best beds I have found have no rubs in the immediate vicinity. A lot of them do but some of the best have none until you get 50 to 75 yards away on the trails he likes to travel/stage.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:56 am

Here is a step back view of both small pieces of cover located along that fence line. As you can see one is a little higher but both were tore up with buck bedding. Thought I'd show you guys a picture for a bit of perspective.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:29 am

This is a big ridge overlooking the bottoms of some crop ground. The buck was bedded right on the point next to the big oak tree.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”