Northeast scouting workshop with Dan on 3/4 or 3/11...please respond only if seriously interested

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Re: Northeast scouting workshop with Dan on 3/4 or 3/11...please respond only if seriously interested

Unread postby SidewayZ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 am

I believe this workshop was put on hold. A few of us were trying to pull it together, but the timing was a little tight. Mario told us Dan wants it to be the best experience possible for all involved. I would expect a workshop in the northeast sometime in the future, so there is enough time to plan a good place relative to location, give the board enough notice to participate, ensure mature deer population at site, etc.

Mario or one of the other guys may have more info.

There is an obvious want by board members to attend, so I would think it will at some point.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Northeast scouting workshop with Dan on 3/4 or 3/11...please respond only if seriously interested

Unread postby Josh_S » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:45 am

Yeah this 3/4 or 3/11 workshop is not going to happen. Just not enough time to pre-scout and work out the logistics of a long distance workshop. There are a lot of moving parts. But the demand is clearly here, hopefully it is something that can happen in the future. We got the wheels turning and discussed a few areas, so at least it was a start.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 am

SidewayZ wrote:I believe this workshop was put on hold. A few of us were trying to pull it together, but the timing was a little tight. Mario told us Dan wants it to be the best experience possible for all involved. I would expect a workshop in the northeast sometime in the future, so there is enough time to plan a good place relative to location, give the board enough notice to participate, ensure mature deer population at site, etc.

There is an obvious want by board members to attend, so I would think it will at some point.

:whistle: That's why I want to take the workshop, if I knew where they were, I wouldn't need the workshop...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:01 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
SidewayZ wrote:I believe this workshop was put on hold. A few of us were trying to pull it together, but the timing was a little tight. Mario told us Dan wants it to be the best experience possible for all involved. I would expect a workshop in the northeast sometime in the future, so there is enough time to plan a good place relative to location, give the board enough notice to participate, ensure mature deer population at site, etc.

:whistle: That's why I want to take the workshop, if I knew where they were, I wouldn't need the workshop...

You highlighted it Ed in prior post, but to added to it, there woul
d be no point in holding a workshop at a location with no mature bucks. Even Dan could not make the beds "Magically Appear" Stay tuned, I am sure it will be good when it happens.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 am

Dan, open invitation for an opening Sept 15th Bear hunt. I'll film too...
We can pre-scout for mature deer during the same time frame!

I have plenty of land for Bear, with 2-bait stations, and hills for hunting deer...
Location is Western border of Central NH.

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 am

That's why I want to take the workshop, if I knew where they were, I wouldn't need the workshop...

If big bucks are there, I can and will find them. But, im not a magician. A lot of properties are void of big bucks. Picking the right public land is a big part of big buck hunting.
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:24 pm

I know a few guys have been running hard with the ball here THANK YOU so much.

As for the spot in wNY- the Swamps are it. There are Giants within wader range. I thought Ohio was another great suggestion. Know a little of northern pa and eastern NY public but not sure it meets the criteria.

I am willing to travel and caravan. My trip to see dan in MI was worth every second and cent.

I am in with at least two more regardless of where. Also up for just meeting up and scouting or bs ing w some northern beasts whenever.

PS- Ed- love your pics by the way.
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
H2archer

Unread postby H2archer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

If/when It does happen I'd definitely pay, be able to get the days off and would prefer Eastern OH, Western PA.
Whitetailhunter63

Unread postby Whitetailhunter63 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Did this ever happen? if not i am in for anytime in the future and any price, preferably in new england
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Sadly, I think it’s too far for a super busy guy like Dan to pull off. Perhaps he will chime in here but feel we will be going west before he comes east.
Whitetailhunter63

Unread postby Whitetailhunter63 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 am

ahh bummer. I'll definitely try to make it to one out west next spring then
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 am

Whitetailhunter63 wrote:ahh bummer. I'll definitely try to make it to one out west next spring then

Let’s hope there is an opportunity, let alone one east of Wisconsin. Keep us all posted- would be a great ride out to share strategy and stories
Pro_308

Unread postby Pro_308 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:17 am

New to the beast. Myself and one other would definitely be interested if this ever comes to fruition. Southern NY.
"The little hand says it's time to rock 'n' roll!" - Bodhi
northeast beast

Unread postby northeast beast » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am

Yes I'm willing to pay and will travel to PA/ NY.new England...either date work's for me
Nharmon81

Unread postby Nharmon81 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 am

If this ever happens im in. Also how can we find his upcoming workshops? Ill travel for those as well if anyone is interested

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”