Farm country

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Farm country

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:36 am

I hunt a tree farm (pines) that are 30 foot if that
A section was thinned and an actual travel corridor along the ends. This is the end that buts up to a diversion plot we can not hunt under 150 yards from. The other half of property is same habitat but surround by mature hardwoods.this part was thin cut last year. And a travel corridor was made through midfle I really think these deer are bedding in these pines
Will they? Or will they be hunting the edges of transitions where mature forest and pines start?
There is huge huge rubs all over transition
We do have lanes cut throughout on section zig zags
planted with clover and chicory i think
Any thought on where t start looking for mature buck beds Or where they would be? Im very maticulous hunting here not hunting it too much. I know there is slammers around it and all around gets pounded
Any opinions or thoughts where to look
Thnks

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Farm country

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:46 am

The hardest thing about farm country (atleast the area I hunt) without a doubt is entrance. The big boys want a view and they know where hunters enter and set up shop to monitor activity. From the edges u described find the spot with the view and u will find your huckleberry!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Farm country

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 am

I tried to sneak around the whole piece the other nigt and spooked more freakin deer on way to stand on transition lines than the whole piece ( where the small pines meets the mature hardwoods
Im gonna try a corridor in the morning see what happens i tbink tbe afternoons im gonna do some run and gunning with my mobile setup

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”