Public land workshop Feb. 17 2018 (max capacity, sign up closed)

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Public land workshop Feb. 17 2018 (max capacity, sign up closed)

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:25 am

EdC wrote:will any of those be turned into video to be view later?

Im not really up on how they work, maybe Jeff can chime in, but I think you can view them later too.

EdC

Unread postby EdC » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:37 am

8-)
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:47 am

EdC wrote:will any of those be turned into video to be view later?

The “live” social media clips will take place on Facebook and Instagram. The live feeds will not appear on Facebook and Instagram at the same time.

Make sure you like the hunting beast on Facebook and Instagram. Each platform will contain different live feed video files.

The video clips will be brief and there will be a chance to ask dan, Mario, or myself questions during the workshop.

I will post an image to each social platform later today with times when to log in and catch the live action.

The clips will be saved to each social site to be watched later if you miss the live feed.

These clips will be exclusive content to social media. You will not find them in the forum.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 am

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who attended the Feb. 17 workshop. We had a great group of people. The meal afterwords was good too. thanks to Dan the Chef at Herons landing in Jefferson. I stayed till about 7 pm and tried to spend time with everyone. I hope every one enjoyed it as much as me. 8-)
strutnrut716
500 Club

Unread postby strutnrut716 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 am

dan wrote:I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who attended the Feb. 17 workshop. We had a great group of people. The meal afterwords was good too. thanks to Dan the Chef at Herons landing in Jefferson. I stayed till about 7 pm and tried to spend time with everyone. I hope every one enjoyed it as much as me. 8-)

I sure enjoyed it. And the biggest thanks goes out to you and Jeff on a job well done ! The icy drive home after was "wildness" but I made it back. Hope everyone else made it back on the ice.....
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:03 am

8-)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:37 am

I'm looking for the feed in instagram did it happen

I was on facebook and noticed 2 videos was the second video suppose to be on instagram?
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:42 am

EdC wrote:I'm looking for the feed in instagram did it happen

I was on facebook and noticed 2 videos was the second video suppose to be on instagram?

I did 2 live feed posts that were scheduled to appear on Facebook only. Those are saved on the hb Facebook account to view.

The Instagram post was live and could not be saved. Only viewed as live content as it happened.
Bohmer

Unread postby Bohmer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

Was a great class full of info. Went out to my area today and found some good looking sign from what was learned yesterday. Should be an interesting year
"Quit looking for excuses and do the work!"
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:23 am

strutnrut716 wrote:
dan wrote:I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who attended the Feb. 17 workshop. We had a great group of people. The meal afterwords was good too. thanks to Dan the Chef at Herons landing in Jefferson. I stayed till about 7 pm and tried to spend time with everyone. I hope every one enjoyed it as much as me. 8-)

I sure enjoyed it. And the biggest thanks goes out to you and Jeff on a job well done ! The icy drive home after was "wildness" but I made it back. Hope everyone else made it back on the ice.....

I lost control a little on a turn. After that I drove real slow.
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

Enjoyed the videos! Would have like to have been there! Brings back my younger days of hunting similar areas within 20 miles before I moved North and hunted Big Woods only. I gained some "pointers" that can help in "Big Woods" settings also. My most important take from Dan --- It is all in the "detail" and you likely won't get it right 1st time in new spots, but "figure it out"----Understanding "bedding" and "transition areas" and "putting it together" Wish I had 1/4 of Dan's knowledge on big bucks. He mentioned "rub sign" a lot in prospective "transition areas". With fewer deer in the "Big Woods" I have found "rub sign" to be more important than ever as there is so much "no deer" areas in great expanses of the big woods especially since wolves, and those 2 back-to-back winters a couple years ago. I can now go to the woods this spring with a couple "fresh" ideas on figuring out a couple spots I like.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 am

Had a great time! Would highly recommend it to others! It was great meeting everyone! I want to say my favorite part was when we were done and sitting in a group when it was snowing. To me it was a great moment that I won’t forget! Thanks Dan and Jeff for a great day!
First Sit

Unread postby First Sit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:59 am

This class was awesome I would recommend it to anyone. You can learn a lot from the DVDs, Dan's postings, and from the beast site however nothing beats boots on ground with Dan himself and you will probably learn a few more things. The best part is a lot of times watching the DVDs I get questions well in the class you can just ask Dan in person. It also helps where others are asking questions as well because they might ask something you didn't think of and you get an answer to something you didn't even think of.

Being with Dan in the marsh and having him point things out in his perspective and actually seeing it and looking back at set ups from bed then beds from set ups and seeing everything together was something you don't get out of the DVDs. Plus you get to see the real world sign that he is looking at. I learned a lot of little things as well. I saw areas I need to improve and some of the why is this not working out questions where answered especially my early season game. Dan spends a lot of time every year pursuing whitetails and is very knowledgeable we are very fortunate to have someone who truly enjoys being a educator to us all. Dan without a doubt really cuts the learning curve and he really takes time to answer every question. A lot of this information would take a long time to learn on your own and some of it you might never learn in a lifetime.

It was also great meeting a lot of other hunters with the same hard work attitude. The dinner was fun as well and just talking hunting with other beasts. I wanted to stay a little longer at the dinner but I had a 3 hour drive back so I left around 6.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am

Great group, it was as much fun meeting BEASTs and new faces as it was learning from dan. Thanks to dan and Jeff G for putting it on. dan is a topnotch educator.

This was my first workshop. After knowing dan for about 10 years, it is unreal the things you can learn if you pay attention. I have read extensively on dan's teachings in articles and on the forum. I have watched his dvds and many youtube videos, I have spent time with dan at hunting shows, and had many conversations with him, and still learned new stuff at the workshop. It mostly reinforces what has been taught, but you also pick up new things as you listen.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am

Dan, will this marsh workshop be around the same time next year? I really want to make it but I need to plan more in advanced.
Thx
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”