Using Beast Tactics to Kill this Buck

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ragingun

Re: Using Beast Tactics to Kill this Buck

Unread postby Ragingun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:If I find a bed, how would I be sure it's his? What am I looking for in a mature buck bed? Last Saturday my hunting partner and I walked through some of the area to search for more signs. We found lots of beds. Mostly does and fawns but also some that some that were larger and by themselves.

My best guess to say if he were living in the area, he's alone in a cedar/moss swamp. But not sure which one. :?

These are big questions which is why it will be a vital day for you and others I'm sure on February 17th :dance:

All I can say is once you find a mature buck bed there is not a doubt in your mind what it is. It is so uniquely different and HUGE as well as having key features such as some form of object to place his back to/against, very specific thermals on that exact spot, and easy to access yet hard to navigate escape routes.

He may be living alone however as mentioned there's also the big possibility of having multiple deer bedded in the area. Also because of the vast expanse of land there will be multiple "preferred' bedding areas for him.

Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”