Hill country workshop march 3 (max capacity, sign up closed)

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store


User avatar
dan
Site Owner
Posts: 31537
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby dan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:29 am

basspro05 wrote:I’m in plus 2-3 guests!

oK, I PUT YOU IN FOR 2 GUESTS, IF THAT NUMBER CHANGES LET ME KNOW.


User avatar
dan
Site Owner
Posts: 31537
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby dan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:31 am

Zonk54 wrote:I'm in.

aDDED YOU...
User avatar
strutnrut716
500 Club
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby strutnrut716 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 am

Count me in for one ! Looking forward to it.
User avatar
creepingdeth
500 Club
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 pm
Facebook: Huh?
Location: So. metro Mn
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby creepingdeth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Count me in
User avatar
Elusive78
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 am
Location: wausau wi
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Elusive78 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:08 pm

dan wrote:We will be doing a hill country workshop on Jeff G's property in Minnesota on the border of Wisconsin March 3rd. Me and Jeff will fill in more Details as it gets closer, such as start times and meeting places.

This workshop is limited to the 1st 25 people who sign up. We can go a little over if the last persons signing up are a group that exceeds the number, but as soon as we hit or exceed 25 it will be closed. Its going to take place on Jeff G's hunting land.

Its not for someone in bad physical shape. We will take our time and go slow, so no worries, just want to make sure you can walk up and down steep terrain in snow, thick brush, and mud.

We will be looking at how to tackle Hilly areas. How deer bed and travel the area, how to set up on these deer, and we will look at Jeff's actual set ups where he and his family members had success hunting this area, and discuss why.

A lot of this workshop will be questions and answers. I encourage a lot of questions. They usually bring out the best in the workshop. Its an all day event.


Cost will be $150 per person. We are going to try and arrange a meal afterwords...

Who is in?

PUBLICbowhunter
SwampThing1980
mnswamphunter and 2 guests
basspro05 and 2 guests
Zonk54
strutnrut716
creepingdeth
Elusive78
User avatar
Elusive78
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 am
Location: wausau wi
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Elusive78 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:11 pm

dan wrote:We will be doing a hill country workshop on Jeff G's property in Minnesota on the border of Wisconsin March 3rd. Me and Jeff will fill in more Details as it gets closer, such as start times and meeting places.

This workshop is limited to the 1st 25 people who sign up. We can go a little over if the last persons signing up are a group that exceeds the number, but as soon as we hit or exceed 25 it will be closed. Its going to take place on Jeff G's hunting land.

Its not for someone in bad physical shape. We will take our time and go slow, so no worries, just want to make sure you can walk up and down steep terrain in snow, thick brush, and mud.

We will be looking at how to tackle Hilly areas. How deer bed and travel the area, how to set up on these deer, and we will look at Jeff's actual set ups where he and his family members had success hunting this area, and discuss why.

A lot of this workshop will be questions and answers. I encourage a lot of questions. They usually bring out the best in the workshop. Its an all day event.


Cost will be $150 per person. We are going to try and arrange a meal afterwords...

Who is in?

PUBLICbowhunter
SwampThing1980
mnswamphunter and 2 guests
basspro05 and 2 guests
Zonk54
strutnrut716
creepingdeth
Elusive78
User avatar
Elusive78
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 am
Location: wausau wi
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Elusive78 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm definitely in!!
User avatar
Timmy
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Timmy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am

Count me in. Ive really been wanting do the Hill country workshop. I will have one guest, possibly two. I’ll figure it out soon as possible
User avatar
Rutnstrut
500 Club
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm
Location: West Central Wi.
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Rutnstrut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am

Jeff G wrote:
PAbowhunter wrote:16+ hour drive for me what’s the best airport to use?


I would say Minneapolis, is your best bet.


What, why not the thriving Redwing airport outside of Bay City;)

I'm in by the way if there is any openings left
swampyak
500 Club
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:31 pm
Location: Northern MN
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby swampyak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Count me in
PAbowhunter
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:21 am
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby PAbowhunter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:42 pm

I am 75% sure I’m in just working out travel now. Possibly with one guest, will update ASAP!
HighNtree
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:10 pm
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby HighNtree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm

How long is the drive from the Minneapolis airport and the gathering place for the group? Also what is the weather typically like in early March in the area?
User avatar
Jeff G
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 am
Location: South East WI
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Jeff G » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 pm

HighNtree wrote:How long is the drive from the Minneapolis airport and the gathering place for the group? Also what is the weather typically like in early March in the area?


Probly a little over an hour and weather can vary from cold to warm, possible snow, etc. it's spring, never know for sure.
HighNtree
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:10 pm
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby HighNtree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Jeff,

I am from Maryland and cold to me is 40 degrees. You northern and midwestern hunters probably laugh at 40 degrees. What do you mean temperature wise when you say warm and cold? Snow I understand (LoL)...
User avatar
Jeff G
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 am
Location: South East WI
Status: Offline

Re: Hill country workshop march 3

Postby Jeff G » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:18 pm

HighNtree wrote:Jeff,

I am from Maryland and cold to me is 40 degrees. You northern and midwestern hunters probably laugh at 40 degrees. What do you mean temperature wise when you say warm and cold? Snow I understand (LoL)...


Avg temp tht time of year is about 32

Return to “Scouting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests