Help me with making a plan to kill!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bedbug

Re: Help me with making a plan to kill!

Unread postby Bedbug » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:29 am

mnswamphunter wrote:
Bedbug wrote:
mnswamphunter wrote:Why do bucks bed in a staging area?

It's their safe zone.
That rode to the North East is your standard access?

The road is on the neighbors property. the property line runs north and south. It is located wont he east side of the hard woods.

I wish I could access from that direction.

Oh really ok. Is this by chance the NW corner of the whole swamp or does it continue on Straight west?

The evening thermals could be very overpowering to the majority of your wind.
I would be in there in the spring when swamp thaws. Really trying to figure out what the thermals do as the temp drops.

mnswamphunter

Unread postby mnswamphunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

Bedbug wrote:
mnswamphunter wrote:
Bedbug wrote:

It's their safe zone.

The road is on the neighbors property. the property line runs north and south. It is located wont he east side of the hard woods.

Oh really ok. Is this by chance the NW corner of the whole swamp or does it continue on Straight west?

I would be in there in the spring when swamp thaws. Really trying to figure out what the thermals do as the temp drops.

All practical purpose it is the north west corner. The corner is about 400 yards to the west. There is a building site on the corner.
Thanks, I will try to figure out the thermals. They are a mystery to me and never used them in my favor before. I read this site my mind is wrapping around the concept. You are right, I need to get out there and experience it to fully understand them.

I see you are from NW MN. Does the word Strathcona mean anything to you?
Bedbug

Unread postby Bedbug » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 am

mnswamphunter wrote:
Bedbug wrote:
mnswamphunter wrote:
Bedbug wrote:

It's their safe zone.

All practical purpose it is the north west corner. The corner is about 400 yards to the west. There is a building site on the corner.
Thanks, I will try to figure out the thermals. They are a mystery to me and never used them in my favor before. I read this site my mind is wrapping around the concept. You are right, I need to get out there and experience it to fully understand them.

I see you are from NW MN. Does the word Strathcona mean anything to you?

Sure does! Drive through it a few times a year traveling to family. Never stopped though

I paid little attention to thermals before the beast. They are a game changer in swamps for me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”