Public land workshop... Sunday March. 18 2018

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:22 am

This workshop is limited to the 1st 25 people who sign up. We can go a little over if the last persons signing up are a group that exceeds the number, but as soon as we hit or exceed 25 it will be closed. Its going to take place in the public land that I hunt near my house. I have killed many big bucks in this stretch of public. Jeff G will assist in this workshop, and we will try to see if we can get Mario there as well. Both have hunted this area with me.

Its going to be about a 3 mile hike thru rugged terrain. Its not for someone in bad physical shape. We will take our time and go slow, so no worries, just want to make sure you can walk 3 miles in snow, thick brush, and cattails. I would ask that if you hunt this area of Rome marsh you don't sign up... I hunt here every year personally.

We will be looking at how to tackle large public areas. How deer bed and travel the area, how to set up on these deer, and we will look at my actual set ups where me and people I have taken hunting have had success hunting this area.

A lot of this workshop will be questions and answers. I encourage a lot of questions. They usually bring out the best in the workshop. Its an all day event. I expect everyone to arrive at my house around 8 to 8:30 am. There will be a meet and greet, then we will hit the gas station for coffee and potty break, then dive right into the public land.

Cost will be $150 per person. We had discussed raising the price this year, but ultimately decided to keep it the same, as I want it affordable for young hunters to come. There will be a meal at my house waiting for us when we get there...

Ok... Who is in?

BOB Cannon
blue
SoundmanD12 C
Jonathon Onarheim and a friend (f/b) C
George Gauthier(F/B) C
Zack Martinson and a guest (f/b) C
Mike Ellis (f/b) C
Zach Austin (f/b) C
wiscoz7 c
Octang C
Ragingun and a guest C
I8Venison2 C
Ugly_Duck and a guest C
FRH and a guest C
Chris Kadletz and a guest (f/b) C
PJC
addisonlee AND A GUEST C

blue

Re: Public land workshop... Sunday March. 18 2018

Unread postby blue » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 am

I'll take a spot for this.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:44 am

Guys dont miss this you gotta do it its an absolute opportunity you cant miss dan is absolutely class act. He wants questions and is great Spread the word to do the workshop it really changes your whole tactics and mindset of why ,when to and how you can harvest mature bucks anywhere you go its just a complete confidence rebuilder on any property you hunt wether public private etc
You will not regret it.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:27 am

dan wrote:Public land workshop... Sunday March. 18 2018

This workshop is limited to the 1st 25 people who sign up. We can go a little over if the last persons signing up are a group that exceeds the number, but as soon as we hit or exceed 25 it will be closed. Its going to take place in the public land that I hunt near my house. I have killed many big bucks in this stretch of public. Jeff G will assist in this workshop, and we will try to see if we can get Mario there as well. Both have hunted this area with me.

Its going to be about a 3 mile hike thru rugged terrain. Its not for someone in bad physical shape. We will take our time and go slow, so no worries, just want to make sure you can walk 3 miles in snow, thick brush, and cattails. I would ask that if you hunt this area of Rome marsh you don't sign up... I hunt here every year personally.

We will be looking at how to tackle large public areas. How deer bed and travel the area, how to set up on these deer, and we will look at my actual set ups where me and people I have taken hunting have had success hunting this area.

A lot of this workshop will be questions and answers. I encourage a lot of questions. They usually bring out the best in the workshop. Its an all day event. I expect everyone to arrive at my house around 8 to 8:30 am. There will be a meet and greet, then we will hit the gas station for coffee and potty break, then dive right into the public land.

Cost will be $150 per person. We had discussed raising the price this year, but ultimately decided to keep it the same, as I want it affordable for young hunters to come. There will be a meal at my house waiting for us when we get there...

Ok... Who is in?

Guessing this is exactly the same thing as 3/17 ...only for people who missed that signup date?
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:32 am

Dpierce72 wrote:

Ok... Who is in?

Guessing this is exactly the same thing as 3/17 ...only for people who missed that signup date?

you are correct
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:34 am

This is the last workshop for the season. We need time to scout and chase turkeys after this.

Sign up quick, social media sites are also accepting sign ups for this workshop.
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 am

Count me in. I just missed the cut-off for the last marsh workshop so I’m happy to see this one scheduled in March! Let me know what steps I need to take from here.
SoundmanD12

Unread postby SoundmanD12 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 am

Yes, please - count me in! :dance: What’s the next step?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am

I added you guys... I will send out a confirmation in a week or so, then everyone who confirms will get my phone number, a map of the area, and details.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am

Dpierce72 wrote:

Ok... Who is in?

Its the same, its open to anyone who does not hunt or intend to hunt this area.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 am

I'm in, sign me up ;)
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 am

dan wrote:
Dpierce72 wrote:

Ok... Who is in?

Its the same, its open to anyone who does not hunt or intend to hunt this area.

10-4 I'm already in for 3/17 just wanted to make sure I shouldn't extend my trip. Driving up from Arkansas so wanted to make the most of my time if it was different.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Apparently I’m signed up twice (whitetail_addict from HB and Zach Austin from Facebook). Just a heads up so you guys can free up another spot for someone.

Thanks for the add. I’m looking forward to it!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm

whitetail_addict wrote:Apparently I’m signed up twice (whitetail_addict from HB and Zach Austin from Facebook). Just a heads up so you guys can free up another spot for someone.

Thanks for the add. I’m looking forward to it!

Thanks... Fixed it.
wiscoz7

Unread postby wiscoz7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:31 am

Put me down for a spot Dan. I’m really looking forward to this!

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”