Thoughts on these beds...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TBird7

Thoughts on these beds...

Unread postby TBird7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 am

Hey guys, I’ve been following this site for a while and trying to learn as much about beds as possible. Looking at these 2 beds, what would you think what wind would bucks be using these beds? I’m thinking south. This area gets a lot of pressure from bird trials, dogs and guys in horses.

TBird7

Re: Thoughts on these beds...

Unread postby TBird7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 am

Ok how do I add pics??
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 am

Somebody else wanna take this? You onow bad of a time i had figuring it out. Lmao. Sorry brotha
TBird7

Unread postby TBird7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 am

Ok so there are 2 beds in the grass patch to the north. I found 1 more on the opposite side of that bowl. I also found in the center marked by the doe head that is on the tip of the point. The bed on the point is hardwoord with sage grass into. Not the thickest area but from that point sitting in the bed can see the entire point below and a lot ridge behind him.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:57 am

If there bedded on a hill, they are most likely looking down hill, and down wind.
TBird7

Unread postby TBird7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 am

Wind at their back would be a due east wind which we hardly ever get so im guessing a quartering wind? Se/Ne? Trying to figure my approach but with way land lays would be really hard. Any thoughts on the beds in the grass patch north of that. I have been getting a nice 8 pt in the area for last 2 years. This small grass and milo runs parallel to road. I have pics of him in the timber on a scrape but mostly at night. Rest of the property is planted pines, sage 4ft-6ft in spots and crops. Pressure is mostly bird and rabbit hunters that cover majorty of the interior hardwoods and pines. A few small saplings rubbed in this area close to beds. Although he can not see into field from the grass, he can hear I would think, what comes past in the field. Would a buck be more likely to bed in the grass with a north or south wind?

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”