Boots on the ground

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Boots on the ground

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 am

Yesterday me and erich (bigburner) scouted a big woods area and erich really showed me how you gotta put boots on the ground scouting big wooded areas. Alot of spots are really hard to spot on maps and if not for erich showing me soft transitions within transitions. showing me and pointing alot of subtle details out that are really hard if not impossible to see on a map
I would be just aimlessly roaming finding sign and just not putting 2 and 2 together
Ive really found some really good spots in the marshes since being reborn but bigwoods is another whole beast and just is that much harder and overwhelming to figure out. It just showed me how important post season scouting and boots on the ground really is. I love the challenge of this terrain too so. Onto google maps for me
Thnks erich

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Boots on the ground

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 am

Lopedog699 wrote:Yesterday me and erich (bigburner) scouted a big woods area and erich really showed me how you gotta put boots on the ground scouting big wooded areas. Alot of spots are really hard to spot on maps and if not for erich showing me soft transitions within transitions. showing me and pointing alot of subtle details out that are really hard if not impossible to see on a map
I would be just aimlessly roaming finding sign and just not putting 2 and 2 together
Ive really found some really good spots in the marshes since being reborn but bigwoods is another whole beast and just is that much harder and overwhelming to figure out. It just showed me how important post season scouting and boots on the ground really is. I love the challenge of this terrain too so. Onto google maps for me
Thnks erich

Spending time with an experienced big woods hunter can advance your hunting by leaps and bounds- it appears you are well on your way.

I've hunted just about every kind of deer habitat there is... farm, hill, swamp and marsh, metro, rural, bluffs... private and public... and many more. There is no hunting environment more challenging than wilderness and big woods- which makes success in that environment the best of all, in my view.

Bridge
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:53 am

:handgestures-thumbup:
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:11 am

Bigburner wrote::handgestures-thumbup:

It's gotta be said: really awesome of you to help a guy out like that.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”