Social Distancing, Balloons, and Winter Beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Social Distancing, Balloons, and Winter Beds

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am

8-)

Nice work fellas
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 am

Great stuff guys! Stay safe. Just got in from shed hunting myself. No sheds, 3 more winter kill deer. Was a tough one up north with the early, persistant, heavy snow. That makes 5 in my last 2 trips. The observation of the bedding in the pines/balsam is a good one. Jumped several doe groups in that situation during the December black powder season. Found a great bed today on a small esker out in the swamp (right next to the road too).
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:31 am

What boot was Mario wearing there? Looked like some lightweight waders? I'm in the market for something like that but can't find any I really like. Those ones he's wearing look pretty good.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 am

Grizzlyadam wrote:What boot was Mario wearing there? Looked like some lightweight waders? I'm in the market for something like that but can't find any I really like. Those ones he's wearing look pretty good.

Tidewe pvc waders.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:22 pm

How tough are those waders? I thought Dan poked a hole in his waders on the Michigan challenge. Mario looked like he was rubbing against alot of brush. I would like to get a pair sometime.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:07 pm

Moose wrote:How tough are those waders? I thought Dan poked a hole in his waders on the Michigan challenge. Mario looked like he was rubbing against alot of brush. I would like to get a pair sometime.

I had them in the truck with several sets of beast sticks that were very sharp... Im thinking that may have had something to do with mine ripping. Not sure... They are thin. at 1st I liked the weight, but they felt cheap... However Mario keeps telling me how great they are and he wears them all the time. I guess for $40 you cant really go wrong... I want to get another pair and give em another try.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:52 am

dan wrote:
Moose wrote:How tough are those waders? I thought Dan poked a hole in his waders on the Michigan challenge. Mario looked like he was rubbing against alot of brush. I would like to get a pair sometime.

I had them in the truck with several sets of beast sticks that were very sharp... Im thinking that may have had something to do with mine ripping. Not sure... They are thin. at 1st I liked the weight, but they felt cheap... However Mario keeps telling me how great they are and he wears them all the time. I guess for $40 you cant really go wrong... I want to get another pair and give em another try.

I might be giving them a try. Mine slow-leaked yesterday and I had cold wet feet by the end of the day after spending about 4 hours walking through water.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 am

Thanks dan. I will have try a pair. Ive never owned any before.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”