Not an Everyday Sight

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: Not an Everyday Sight

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am

moondoondude wrote:Do you have a breaks tag for elk this year?

PM if you prefer.

I have a 900-20 archery tag, so I can hunt unit 426, which is in the breaks, but the more desirable breaks tags (where the majority of the breaks elk are) are units 620 and 410.

moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:58 am

seazofcheeze wrote:

PM if you prefer.

I have a 900-20 archery tag, so I can hunt unit 426, which is in the breaks, but the more desirable breaks tags (where the majority of the breaks elk are) are units 620 and 410.

Awesome, good luck. That's an awesome tag for odds of drawing it. I did a bunch of research and found 2 units on that tag with areas i planned to hunt, but only bought points for a year as plans evolved for other areas in other states.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Seeing bighorn in the wild is an awesome sight. I’ve had the chance to see them a number of times and they just blow my mind. That would be such a rad bow hunt. About impossible to draw a tag. Always been curious as to how that critter tastes as well.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:10 pm

moondoondude wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:

PM if you prefer.

Awesome, good luck. That's an awesome tag for odds of drawing it. I did a bunch of research and found 2 units on that tag with areas i planned to hunt, but only bought points for a year as plans evolved for other areas in other states.

Yea, it gets a guy into some pretty good areas with a bow with a lot less points. Good luck to you this fall as well!

Bigburner wrote:Seeing bighorn in the wild is an awesome sight. I’ve had the chance to see them a number of times and they just blow my mind. That would be such a rad bow hunt. About impossible to draw a tag. Always been curious as to how that critter tastes as well.

Yea, they are pretty awesome to see. That's only the second time I've seen rams in person. I don't have any realistic hope of ever getting a tag, so this is as good as it gets lol.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”