New swamp

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Massbuck

New swamp

Unread postby Massbuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:36 am

My father said he drove by this yesterday. I've never been there,but found it on google earth. I don't have much experience judging land from satellite pics. Newbie, does this look like something worth scouting next season. .y season is almost over, rotator cuff surgery December 3rd. Just trying to get someone with more experience perspective.

Massbuck

Re: New swamp

Unread postby Massbuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:56 am

Here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinkler

Unread postby twinkler » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am

Maybe not much help but everything is worth scouting at least once. It looks pretty manageable to do a speed scout if you're not sure. Just walk the transition lines and changes in topography if there is any. Keep in mind you're also looking for hunting pressure too.
kher

Unread postby kher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:49 am

If you are scouting swamp or marsh, I like to scout right where water starts to meet land and go from there. I like scouting edges and transitions as it helps me break down an area.
“The more I practice, the luckier I become.”
Byron Ferguson
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:45 am

I think its definitely worth a scout trip a lot of human/hunter sign just move on
A lot of buck sign especially by what looks like oaks on the south west side of that island.
if that island has good bedding you could probably back door them in morning if you can get in early enough.
pm hunt on that island would probably be tough just because of the size of it.
I would check transitions and especially these circled spots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”