Hunting property help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Primetime

Hunting property help

Unread postby Primetime » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey all,

I've been a long time follower but this is my first post and I want to start off by saying that the amount of information on this site and willingness to help from other members is second to none. With that said, I would love some advice on a property that I have hunted for the last 5 years with a buddy of mine. This property is roughly 150 acres and is outlined in black. The red boxes/circles are food plots. Orange dots are stands. I am new to the hunting beds idea although I have read a lot about on this site but to be honest have not really implemented it in my hunting strategy yet. I plan on making the trip to the property this weekend (3 hours away) to take care of some more work/scout some more before the season starts. The yellow dots are where I have personally seen bucks bedded (but never really investigated the actual beds yet (plan on doing some of that this weekend). I labeled the CRP areas and the rest is pretty much crops (you can kind of see the outlines). This year will be corn and is rotated with beans. The rest of the area around this property is all crop land either beans or corn. Really, I am just looking for some more advice on where other, more experienced members would anticipate to find bedding based on this aerial. In my experience, a lot of the bucks we have seen have tended to be immature. There have been a few nice bucks with one being taken in the stand on the left CRP field midday in mid November. Any advice is greatly appreciated. This property is in North Missouri. This is my first post and post including an attachment so hopefully it went through.

https://s12.postimg.org/rnb6o00tp/hunting_property.jpg

Thanks!!

Primetime

Re: Hunting property help

Unread postby Primetime » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

Ok, so I was able to make my way to the property this weekend to do some work and try and scout. Scouting ended up being tough with how freaking thick everything is this time of the year. In years past a lot of other bedding we found other than the ones I marked up were in the CRP fields but I think a lot of that is doe bedding due to the amount of beds in one area. We did see a nice buck run across the road into a bean field and went in that area where he came to investigate. This is an area that we do not normally look like and found some heavily used sign.

Here is a new marked up map with the blue dots at the bottom being new sign (hope this works):

The first sign we saw closest to the road (left blue dot) is this. The road is property mark btw which is black.

Does this look like a bed or scrape? The vegetation in the back looks like an animal was laying against it and that's why it is matted down. The next picture i am going to post looks like it is definitely a scrape but is very close to this.

Here is the other blue dot which is a scrape close to the picture above:

There was multiple deer droppings in this and it just looks like a lot of deer are visiting it with how torn up it is.

I'm still new to this so just trying to make sense of it all. I wouldn't think a buck would bed that close to the scrape. Maybe it is just time of the year and when the beans brown up this may change. We put a camera by there to see what comes by. I am not sure when I will be up that way next though.
Primetime

Re: Hunting property help

Unread postby Primetime » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 am

Maybe I messed the pics up. Here they are in order.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”