New Property Help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Northwoods516

New Property Help

Unread postby Northwoods516 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:31 am

Hi,

Looking for a little beast input. This is a 205 acre piece of public, but not well known.
The red line is the prop boundary. The yellow dots are where I found some promising buck
bedding in late winter. The blue dots are the only hunter sign I found. Two ladder stands with big
orange markers, so pretty positive it is a gun hunter. The purple is where I recently got a trail cam pic
of a really nice mature buck. This property has a lot of promise. Also a lot of old apple trees.
The private on the right side had alfalfa in the field last year. The white line is my path in, with a west
or south wind.
Would love some opinions on the property - Dan? Thank you.

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/tdawson ... sort=3&o=0

SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Re: New Property Help

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:36 am

What portions of the property have you scouted? Have you scouted all of the transition lines? are there any dense areas within the wooded areas that can not be seen from the aerial? Are those beds found in late winter still being used, did you spring scout?

Where are these apples trees? Have you found any correlation between the apple trees and bedding?

Why do you think you snapped a picture of a nice buck at that camera location?

What is the predominant wind at this location?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”