Hill country bedding

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Primetime

Hill country bedding

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:11 am

Here is another area I hunt. My question is, would you expect buck bedding to be all along the darker contour line which is 1100' at the points? I could add my dots for expected bedding but from what I understand it would seem like there is tons of spots at this elevation for bedding to be located along the curved points. From what I've read on this site that tends to be the case. Just trying to understand the right elevation. This is very hilly terrain. I could see it being very easy for a deer to have multiple beds one one point and move between beds depending on the wind. Most pictures we get are night time pics. This is mostly all woods. Thanks!

Primetime

Re: Hill country bedding

Unread postby Primetime » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:21 am

Here is kind of what I am thinking. The blue area is a small pond. Does it look like my elevation looks alright or should I be a little higher. Most access is from the road at the top but I can see for an evening hunt it may not be good because of thermals dropping. I can see about access from the below road but I have never came from there so I do not know what it looks like.

Primetime

Re: Hill country bedding

Unread postby Primetime » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:39 am

Here is a couple other views to give an idea of the land layout.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”