Slayer Seed - Crimson Trail

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Slayer Seed - Crimson Trail

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 am

Almost makes me want to become a deer farmer!!! Looks like a great product!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 am

TWO WEEKS SINCE LAST PICS

For having it planted too thin I think it looks pretty darn good. The grasses are really starting to fill in.

In the last two weeks there have only been deer spotted twice. Dad said it was obvious neither food plot was their destination, they were just passing through.

If I had to guess I would say neither plot will see much action until about mid/late October.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am

Looking good!
WISCOANDY

Unread postby WISCOANDY » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 am

Bump.

I'm interested to know what happened here! :D
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 am

I was just at my parents for thanksgiving and checked the plot out real quick. The zero degree temps we had a couple weeks ago killed the oats and crimson trail. That surprised me. Last year we had some snow cover that insulated the oats (plus warmer temps) as they were still green now.

So that is a big time bummer. Also with the lack of snow this year the deer aren’t in their wintering grounds yet (tad early for that anyway.) dad said he saw one deer out there in the last week... that’s it :?

I’ll take some pics next time I go out there. Unfortunately this seems like it will have a pretty anticlimactic ending.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 am

I can understand the oats since they winter kill pretty easy, but I have never heard of or seen Crimson Trail get killed by the cold before. I have seen it take subzero temps fine (although that was with snow & good soil moisture). It must have got really cold to kill it. I'm very surprised to hear this. However, I don't get a lot of orders from Minnesota.

Any plot can die under the right conditions but this is disappointing. Especially since we don't know what happened during deer season. Hopefully it will come back up in the spring.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”