Central KY Public

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wnchunter15

Central KY Public

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Hey guys, newbie here (less than 2 weeks on the forums), hoping to get some advice about buck beds, stand placement, and some verification on access. In the pictures you'll see there is a lot of ag on the property and it is in brand this year. This tract is public and I'm sure it receives local pressure but as this is my first year on it, I have no idea how much. I stumbled upon this tract a few weeks back when I was ath nearby lease. There is a river that snakes through it and it appears that some locations can only be access by crossing so I did purchase a boat today. My questions are...where should I attempt to locate buck beds and what exactly am I looking for as I am completely new to the term and scouting for them. Also, what are some possible stand locations that you guys see? This may sound crazy but could sometime also explain the terms "overhead" and "underfoot" moon? Thanks in advance for any info.

(If you can't view the images, could someone explain how to post images from their iPhone?)

IMG_0410.PNG

IMG_0411.PNG

IMG_0412.PNG

wnchunter15

Re: Central KY Public

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 am

Can anyone give some input?
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 am

Go to the board index and at the top it says beast gallery. You can post pics from there.
wnchunter15

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Thanks tbunao, doing so now.
wnchunter15

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

FYI: the images have been posted to the gallery section and titled "Central KY Public". Thanks.
wnchunter15

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Image Image Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 am

Is this hilly land? or flat?
Abishai

Unread postby Abishai » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 am

I wouldn't worry about the moons. I'd hunt the cold fronts and wind direction. Anywhere there are the fields with thin strips of woods, deer more than likely funnel through. Depending on public hunting pressure there are probably stands there already unfortunately. I'd still check it out. If there are stands in the strips, depending on which way you come in, you can hunt some of those inside corners and probably cut off the deer before they would make it through to the funnels.
“If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.”– Fred Bear
wnchunter15

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Dan,

As you can see in the third picture...there's a ridge that practically runs the entire length of the tract but the elevation difference goes from 700 in the flats to 900 at the top of the ridge.

Abishai,

Thanks for the pointers!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”