Open public fields with limited trees

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

EthanHogan

Open public fields with limited trees

Unread postby EthanHogan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:17 am

A95FD2E8-290E-41C6-B319-5E4D2C890892.jpeg
7C1CB93D-B0F3-4058-A2CF-07C71512AD50.jpeg

As I was listening to joes podcast on the hunting public he talked about hunting some open fields etc... I have attached a few images I can mark them up further but I didn’t want to put a bunch of edits on them if this didn’t work. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stash59

Re: Open public fields with limited trees

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:03 am

Any thing untilled has potential to hold deer. Big thing is if they have some of the necessary structure needed for mature buck bedding. One point Dan told me that I was missing. Is that the bucks need shade at their beds. Not only for cooling. But also for hiding.

Other thing is pressure. You may have bucks using these fields for bedding in summer or early in the season. If all other bowhunters are ignoring them. But when pheasant/bird season opens most of these dry areas get hit by hunters and their dogs.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
EthanHogan

Re: Open public fields with limited trees

Unread postby EthanHogan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

stash59 wrote:Any thing untilled has potential to hold deer. Big thing is if they have some of the necessary structure needed for mature buck bedding. One point Dan told me that I was missing. Is that the bucks need shade at their beds. Not only for cooling. But also for hiding.

Other thing is pressure. You may have bucks using these fields for bedding in summer or early in the season. If all other bowhunters are ignoring them. But when pheasant/bird season opens most of these dry areas get hit by hunters and their dogs.

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”