Public land- looking for mature bucks

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wildhopes5

Public land- looking for mature bucks

Unread postby wildhopes5 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm

I've been hunting this area the last few years with my family and haven't seen anything other than does and mostly young ones at that. Wondering what might be a good area to start looking for some mature bucks? Especially bedding areas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VaBowKill5

Re: Public land- looking for mature bucks

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Not every piece of ground is going to hold a mature buck. It’s also hard to just look at the map and say a mature buck will bed in one specific spot because pressure and other factors can play into it. I think I would walk all the areas that you haven’t hunted in the past few years looking for sign. Big rubs, scrapes, and beds. If you haven’t seen them where you’ve been hunting and you check out the areas you haven’t been and still don’t see the sign then I think it’s time to start looking for a new piece of ground. I try to have as many good pieces of ground scouted to keep in the back of my mind because you never know when one is going to be a flop.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”