Hunting Permission Letter

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Hunting Permission Letter

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 am

Networking is the best way. I know a guy that would get to know the workers at a grain mill. If they gave him a lead on a great property he’d pay them $500 if they got permission or leasing rights

treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 am

Years ago when the land leases started getting permission on private just wasn't going to happen. If a property wasn't leased they would usually be at the diner complaining about how their neighbor leased his land and its been nothing but problems.

So I started asking around and I offered to put cameras up and stop people from trespassing. It snowballed and got to a point where I had people calling me. It's how i got a new property towards the end of this year. Not everyone cares about money, some serious hunters tire of dealing with people/ don't have time.

In the last few years I've grown tired of dealing with it and I've let a lot of it go. But if you get into the right age group of land owners most of them know one another. So if you please one you might get others trying to find you.
Bowhuntercoop
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhuntercoop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:19 am

I’ve found knocking on doors here works extremely well. I literally have no desire to hunt private but I found out real quick in South Carolina getting permission to looks for sheds and deer hunt is easy. Deer hunting isn’t nearly as big as turkey hunting.

Knock on a door and ask to Turkey hunt and you might get chased by a shotgun hahaha. That area you’re in around Lexington is loaded with private farms that the farmers want the deer gone. Maybe venture out towards Saluda or north of Columbia.

Seriously though their is a ton of public land around you that hardly gets much pressure. I mentioned it before but 99-100 times the public around here is way better then any of the private farms for mature bucks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”