Pick My Propery Apart

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NEMAD

Pick My Propery Apart

Unread postby NEMAD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:43 am

So, this is a chunk of family owned private that I hunt usually once early season and then during the rut here in northeastern lower Michigan. It is 35 acres surrounded by predominately AG land (corn/soybean). This first picture is a big picture view of what I have observed over the past several years on the property and neighboring properties as far as deer patterns and hunter patterns go. I'm the only one that hunts the parcel surrounded in red with exception of my father that will harvest a doe or two on the outer fringes of the cedar swamp. I believe I am the only bow hunter in the immediate vicinity and all adjoining properties are all rifle pressure\illegal baiting pressure. I'm very interested in hunting public and have been scouting so more to come on that later but figured I would start by letting you guys pick apart ground that I'm a bit more familiar with.
Private_Overview.png

Closer view:

Private_Close_Up.JPG

I did locate what I believe is a buck bed after passing a little basket 8 (ended up actually being a 10 pt) last season on November 14th, in hindsight I probably should have dropped him since it was a clean 15 yard shot from an oak tree I was in but there was a bigger buck I was after, regardless here is a not so wonderful picture of the bed which is the green dot on the map above. It's basically a blow down at the bottom of a hill facing the creek where the wind would be coming over it's back, not sure if it's just satellite bedding or even relevant for that matter.
20191213_170128.jpg

Small 10 I passed on this property last season:

IMG_0169(1).jpg

One of the Rubs:

IMG_0169(1).jpg

I guess what I would like to know is how you guys would break this property apart, there is only a small portion that I haven't scouted just because it's so thick with Buckthorn and Wild Rose but I intend to accomplish that in the coming weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NEMAD on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be."
headgear
500 Club

Re: Pick My Propery Apart

Unread postby headgear » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 am

Pics not working for me.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:00 am

Same for me...pics aren’t working for you
NEMAD

Unread postby NEMAD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 am

Yeah I was following the old FAQ on posting using the BBCode and neglected to notice the attachment option :roll:
Pictures are there now but a little out of order at the end and unable to edit for some reason.
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be."

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”