Scouting public, where to go?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Caknoll22

Scouting public, where to go?

Unread postby Caknoll22 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:33 am

449C061A-A439-4A8F-8635-737312ABD225.jpeg

From the map where would be a few key spots to go check out? Access is at the top part of the piece north of the house. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Re: Scouting public, where to go?

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 am

I would want to see if I could get access in to that Southeast corner and walk along the south edge up that point. On predominant Westerly winds with variations of both Northwest and Southwest it may set up good for bedding up there depending on vegetation and cover. It looks like you may have to cross a small portion of private to access it. If it's not posted you should be good to go and if it is I would ask the guy to access through his land. I would assume all the pressure comes in from the north and not many people go all the way down to that end so that would give you an advantage in avoiding other hunters as well.
Caknoll22

Re: Scouting public, where to go?

Unread postby Caknoll22 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 am

Yeah I would agree that most of the pressure will come in from the access point in the north and that going in through the south part of the land will be the better way to go. I haven’t made it to this piece yet so I am not sure of what the cover looks like however thanks for the advice! It does seem like it’s the best way to hunt it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”