Understanding this terrain

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HuntPapublic

Understanding this terrain

Unread postby HuntPapublic » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:49 am

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... IDuzI64Cgw

This is an area of public I have been hunting in PA for two years. I have encountered bucks, had one in shooting range in year one that was a shooter, and my dam deer call was hanging right in front of my arrow (long story). In year two I chose to use a different access point off the high way and walked through the powerline area. As i crested the hill the buck I had seen on my trail camera was bedded right at the crest of the hill and took off at the sight of my silhouette in the dark. (Dan I get it when you say that they watch over the access points). Anyway I have scouted this area typically in june/july and set cameras up and let set into september. This year I am going to speed scout a few points that I marked on ONX hunt and set some cameras on these points here in early september. If you look at this map and see Panther run this is going to be my key entrance area into the gamelands. I have an advantage as I can use the back access from here as I have a cabin in this area and it is a private road, rather than using the parking lot access. I just want some help in identifying some areas that I may not be seeing that I should be looking at. Any advice would greatly be appriciated. If you need any further detail let me know, And I can send other map photos from ONX probably screenshots to show areas that I have setup in and can describe what I am seeing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”