Shooting Sow with Cubs and impact on the population

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Shooting Sow with Cubs and impact on the population

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:08 am

I was against the 3 baits sites at first. But now I really think it should be 2 per person.

tHAT WOULD SUCK FOR THE DO-IT-YOURSELFERS... They need to go after the problem and leave the rest of us alone.

Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:39 am

dan wrote:
I was against the 3 baits sites at first. But now I really think it should be 2 per person.

tHAT WOULD SUCK FOR THE DO-IT-YOURSELFERS... They need to go after the problem and leave the rest of us alone.

For sure. I am tired of being punished for the things others do.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 am

Jim Wallner wrote:If there's any Federal Land around where you hunt Schultzy it cost more then 82.50$ for a guides license. Add 105$ for fed license, mandatory 500,000$ insurance minimum with Feds as policy holder and insured also. Daily log of hunters price paid by each hunter and at end payment of 3% tax on gross sales paid in before taxes.

State should mandate Insurance also. I was against the 3 baits sites at first. But now I really think it should be 2 per person.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
I'm not sure if its state or federal land. It's one of the two. Lol! I hate the 3 bait limit. It hurts us bear hunters who hunt on our own and does nothing to the bear guides.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bearman13
Facebook: Fall River Outfitters LLC

Unread postby Bearman13 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Schultzy no offense but on another forum a few years ago you wrote into the Dnr in favor of a 3 bait site limit and CPR first aid etc. the new regs have cut waaaay back on shady guides. It's not like it used to be.

http://www.themidwesthunter.com/forum/s ... stionnaire
Bearman13

Unread postby Bearman13 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Schultzy are you hunting in CO Randy Pattens Dist?? He's a bear hunter so is his wife.

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Jim Wallner wrote:Schultzy no offense but on another forum a few years ago you wrote into the Dnr in favor of a 3 bait site limit and CPR first aid etc. the new regs have cut waaaay back on shady guides. It's not like it used to be.

http://www.themidwesthunter.com/forum/s ... stionnaire
Lmao! That was in 2010 Jim and did you read why I wanted this implanted? My reason was to limit GUIDES!!! And you know what, it hasn't worked in the least!!! So that's why I don't care for it.

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Jim Wallner wrote:Schultzy are you hunting in CO Randy Pattens Dist?? He's a bear hunter so is his wife.

Yes. He's one heck of a good guy and CO.

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 pm

The first bear I shot was a sow came in all alone. I didn't know it was a sow. But it aged at 13 years old. I would never a shoot one with cubs. They are so awesome to watch for one and I think it should be illegal.

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:53 pm

dan wrote:

Right on. The do it you're selfers where I hunt are not the issue.

Bearman13

Unread postby Bearman13 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:29 am

The shady guides are nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I would be willing to bet there's more shifty fishing guides then bear.

I've ran into many crooked DIY hunters too. If people can't handle other bear hunters or guided, try being a trapper.

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 am

Jim Wallner wrote:The shady guides are nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I would be willing to bet there's more shifty fishing guides then bear.

I've ran into many crooked DIY hunters too. If people can't handle other bear hunters or guided, try being a trapper.

Jim, you don't hunt where I do so how would you know what the guide situation is like where I hunt? Honestly its the worst its ever been in the area/spot where I hunt. And yes I totally agree about the shady do it you're selfers too but its to the point where there's no one in the 20 mile radius of where I hunt that hunts on their own. It's guides everywhere. Most have given up because of the shady wanna be bear guides that are very very un ethical but yet what their doing is considered legal. At one point I almost gave up but then changed my mind thinking I will not let some of these arrogant wanna be bear guides win. I'm not in the least a guide hater either. Of the 8 guides that I know of that bait in the general area I hunt in 2 of these bear guides are tremendous people! I've set these guys up with bear hunters before and will continue to do so. Bear guides are a must, they are needed! The crooked yet legal guides are such a pain but there isn't a darn thing anyone can do about it other then out bait and out hunt them.

As for you're trapping analogy my dad lives up there in the sticks of northern Minnesota. He himself is HUGE into trapping so yes I know all about the bs that goes with that too.

Bearman13

Unread postby Bearman13 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 am

I know quite a bit about that area. My cousin lives and guided out of Blackduck and over towards that way. How you did you think I knew Patten?

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:10 am

Jim Wallner wrote:I know quite a bit about that area. My cousin lives and guided out of Blackduck and over towards that way. [glow=red]How you did you think I knew Patten?[/glow]
I had no idea or honestly cared how you knew Patten. I didn't assume either.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”