Northern Wisconsin Outfitters bear camp (live updates)

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Northern Wisconsin Outfitters bear camp (live updates)

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:36 am

Tell Dick I'm wishing him lot's of luck. He's not giving up and I really admire that. Hopefully his third time up there is the one. Looking forward to seeing him in a pic sitting behind a bear. :pray:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Nothing tonight...tomorrow is another day...cross your fingers...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:07 pm

A little background on Dick. He is 72 years old, Vietnam veteran, cancer survivor and had heart surgery years back. He told me he killed 150+ deer and 7 or 8 bear in his 60 year hunting career with most of them bow kills. He still hunts with a 1972 Jennings compound he bought new back then. Had a great time talking with him in camp and learned a ton from him He is truly an inspiration and I hope to still be hunting like him at that age. I know he really wanted to get a bowkill but had some issues with his bow so had to switch to shotgun.

Come on Dick. :pray:

I wanted for him to get a bear more so than myself the last night we were up there together. Gonna be anxiously waiting to hear some good news tomorrow.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 am

:pray:

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:46 am

Dewey wrote:A little background on Dick. He is 72 years old, Vietnam veteran, cancer survivor and had heart surgery years back. He told me he killed 150+ deer and 7 or 8 bear in his 60 year hunting career with most of them bow kills. He still hunts with a 1972 Jennings compound he bought new back then. Had a great time talking with him in camp and learned a ton from him He is truly an inspiration and I hope to still be hunting like him at that age. I know he really wanted to get a bowkill but had some issues with his bow so had to switch to shotgun.

Come on Dick. :pray:

I wanted for him to get a bear more so than myself the last night we were up there together. Gonna be anxiously waiting to hear some good news tomorrow.

I'm pulling for him. Sounds like a good guy.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm

No bear tonight, Dick put in a great effort, would share any camp with him anytime. This concludes Northern Wisconsin Outfitters 2015 season and my reign as owner....its been a good run of 18 years :clap: . My lead guide Robert Haas will be taking over NWO...I will still be involved booking hunters and advising etc and yes if you book your hunt with NWO you will definitely see me at bear camp :dance:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Dang it!! I was really hoping Dick got one tonight. :doh:

Thanks again Mike for everything you did not just for me but all of your hunters the last 18 years. You fullfilled a lot of dreams over the years for so many. Hopefully now you find more time to do some hunting of your own.

trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 am

Good to hear the camp will stay open Mike!
Can't wait to get a tag again.
Robert is a good guy, and guide, even though he's a Vikings fan!

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 am

Your an outstanding guy Mike and one heck of a bear guide!! Curious as to why your handing over the reins? That had to be a very tough decision doing so.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:36 am

Mike Foss wrote:No bear tonight, Dick put in a great effort, would share any camp with him anytime. This concludes Northern Wisconsin Outfitters 2015 season and my reign as owner....its been a good run of 18 years :clap: . My lead guide Robert Haas will be taking over NWO...I will still be involved booking hunters and advising etc and yes if you book your hunt with NWO you will definitely see me at bear camp :dance:

What you going to do with yourself! Bear hunting seems to be your life... Hopefully you can get out and do some tree time yourself instead of helping everyone else all the time. One thing is for sure Mike... You have made a major positive impact on bear hunting, I know you have impacted and helped me... 8-)
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 am

Schultzy wrote:Your an outstanding guy Mike and one heck of a bear guide!! Curious as to why your handing over the reins? That had to be a very tough decision doing so.

I will not lie and hunters, people as yourself will be wondering. My decision is based on a couple of things 1) I had a stroke 4 Months ago that got my attention and number 2, my beautiful wife lost her job over a year ago (out of her control) that she had for 19 years...we tried like heck to hold on but our financial situation got the best of us...we had to sell (bear camp) our home :cry: ...without getting into details we lost allot. We are both heart broken over all of this. I have a few things up my sleeve, you cant keep me away from the bears and the bear season. ;)
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:27 am

So sorry to hear of this Mike. I hope your health improves 100%. Also that your wife can soon again find employment if that's what you guys want to do. I have a feeling you got something up your sleeve. ;) None the less best wishes in the next adventure my friend. Keep in touch.

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 pm

And this week I thought my bear season was all over. On Tuesday another bear guide service called my lead guide Robert up, told him one of his clients shot a bear and needed Roberts blood hound to do some tracking, the hound did real good but lost interest after about two hours, we put on some miles, unfortunately no bear.

Then Tuesday night about 10 PM I get a call asking if Rob and I can skin a bear from a guy from Milwaukee, so Wednesday morning found us skinning a beautiful 230lb Sow. Now I believe its officially over. :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Good luck in your future endeavors Mike.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:40 am

Please don't get me wrong....I am still going to be involved in bear guiding but not on a big scale like it is now....that's where my lead guide Robert Haas comes in and has taken over NWO. I will be helping him to a certain point. I myself will personally guide 5 bear hunters this 2016 :dance: , So if anyone knows anyone that's going to draw a Zone D bear tag this 2016, I am looking for some serious bear hunters that are looking for a great bear hunt, send them my way :dance: .

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”