Bears & Wolves

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vtbuck
500 Club

Re: Bears & Wolves

Unread postby vtbuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm

:whistle:
I didn't hear a thing!
:lol:

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Where the wolfs are, is where the deer are. Or maybe the bears.
Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 am

You guys should all come and hunt wolves legally here just across the border. I think all you need is a 130 Canadian pesos (CAP) small game license and 270 CAP wolf seal. You're all welcome to take out your frustrations on our giant populations of enormous northern timber wolves. No need to enter a draw or anything crazy like that. It's an over the counter do it yourself hunt (no guides or outfitters required and the season spans September 1st to March 31st). :pray:
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 am

Dhurtubise wrote:You guys should all come and hunt wolves legally here just across the border. I think all you need is a 130 Canadian pesos (CAP) small game license and 270 CAP wolf seal. You're all welcome to take out your frustrations on our giant populations of enormous northern timber wolves. No need to enter a draw or anything crazy like that. It's an over the counter do it yourself hunt (no guides or outfitters required and the season spans September 1st to March 31st). :pray:

Hunt them while you can dhurtubuise....the ontario mnr already proved they answer to special interest groups instead of science by banning all wolf and coyote trapping and hunting in a large part of the province last year to support a false claim about an Algonquin wolf...only a matter of time before it's banned up your way too...and we wonder why our moose populations are dwindling...
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Nothing new. I read of wolves killing a cub in Wisconsin Sportsman 15 yrs ago. I also read of a bear hunter on Lake - Link that was baiting bears in Wisconsin and found bear hair all over the bait sight. No doubt a cub could not get up the tree fast enough. This has been happening for thousands of years but it really gets me mad when we have so little to hunt up north and we let wolves run completely unhunted. As for SSS. I honestly dont know if I could do it. It is against the law and I just dont like the idea of violating. There is , however a time when the laws are so politically corrupt that people just break the law out of spite. I have yet to see a wolf and have been very close to them when they would howl. If I knew without a doubt I would get away with shooting a wolf, , , , I still dont think I would do it. Just me though. What we should do is shoot more bear. There are a lot of bear in Price co. and surrounding counties, at least 3 times more since I bought my land in Price co. Wis. in 1989. We should let the hunters with unfilled bear tags shoot a bear during gun deer season. They would almost always be big boars that kill cubs and the rug would be very high quality. . Why doesn't the DNR use their heads?

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”