Ontario is baited up

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Re: Ontario is baited up

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 pm

ruttnhrd wrote:
Freelance Bowhunter wrote:Did five baits in Ontario over the weekend. 250 pounds of pastries, a barrel of trail mix and peanuts and a couple buckets of gummies at each site. I'll go back on the 11th to replenish them (they'll all be cleaned up I'm sure) and hunting starts on the 15th.

Do you own land up in Ontario or from there or have family there? Just wondering how you are getting a bear tag up there. I've been looking to buy a small piece of property near Dryden so I can get a tag as a NR. Or is there another way to get one that I haven't found yet? Good luck!

Tags are over the counter. You can hunt crown land on your own.

Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:30 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Bought this last year, has great tips & tactics... :auto-dirtbike:

http://www.bucksbullsbears.com/buy-stuff/#bearbait

Appreciate the props, this book has helped a lot of people. My publisher thought I was nuts for spending nearly $10,000 printing a book on bear baiting, but I knew people were struggling with some parts of the process. The same questions kept coming up in my seminars no matter where I went and I felt there was a market for this type of a book. It's done very well.
ruttnhrd

Unread postby ruttnhrd » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 am

Freelance Bowhunter wrote:
ruttnhrd wrote:
Freelance Bowhunter wrote:Did five baits in Ontario over the weekend. 250 pounds of pastries, a barrel of trail mix and peanuts and a couple buckets of gummies at each site. I'll go back on the 11th to replenish them (they'll all be cleaned up I'm sure) and hunting starts on the 15th.

Do you own land up in Ontario or from there or have family there? Just wondering how you are getting a bear tag up there. I've been looking to buy a small piece of property near Dryden so I can get a tag as a NR. Or is there another way to get one that I haven't found yet? Good luck!

Tags are over the counter. You can hunt crown land on your own.

Tags are technically "over the counter" for bear. But Ontario has a rule for big game except for deer and wolves (if you consider wolves big game) that you must go through an outfitter to obtain your tag. They have to sign off on you hunting alone in their management unit. So you CAN NOT just go up there and stop at the bait shop and go hunting like over the counter tags in Colorado.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:33 am

Freelance Bowhunter wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:Bought this last year, has great tips & tactics... :auto-dirtbike:

http://www.bucksbullsbears.com/buy-stuff/#bearbait

Appreciate the props, this book has helped a lot of people. My publisher thought I was nuts for spending nearly $10,000 printing a book on bear baiting, but I knew people were struggling with some parts of the process. The same questions kept coming up in my seminars no matter where I went and I felt there was a market for this type of a book. It's done very well.

Actually bought the DVD, I'm ed-literate... ;) :mrgreen:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”