Zone C

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Zone C

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 pm

ihookem wrote:I think most here are talking Black River Falls, but does anyone hunt Zone C in the Shawano co. area? I have land 8 mi. west of Shawano. All together we have 56 ac. with our family owned by 9 people. It is mostly field and red Pine. There bear numbers are increasing but I doubt I would ever get a bear on that land.

If they are they should just drive 45 minutes north. Pretty remote up there if you ask me :whistle:

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:08 pm

ihookem wrote:I think most here are talking Black River Falls, but does anyone hunt Zone C in the Shawano co. area? I have land 8 mi. west of Shawano. All together we have 56 ac. with our family owned by 9 people. It is mostly field and red Pine. There bear numbers are increasing but I doubt I would ever get a bear on that land.

I believe natvbearhunter bear hunts Shawano cty.

There's a lot more to the Central Forest besides Black River
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:09 pm

I ran a bait out that way this year. good numbers, good quality. Pressure has gotten worse last couple years as people from the fox river valley are looking for other options rather than heading straight north.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm

john1984 wrote:

I believe natvbearhunter bear hunts Shawano cty.

There's a lot more to the Central Forest besides Black River

Yep. Lots of really good public down by you
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”