New Bear Adventure

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

New Bear Adventure

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 am

For years now I have been wondering and mostly dreaming what it would be like to use a Fat Tire bike for baiting bear purposes. Starting in the Spring of 2018 one of my dreams is coming true. Will not be using any motorized vehicle for baiting. Very excited :dance:

BigHunt

Re: New Bear Adventure

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 am

I used a regular mountain bike this past year wile baiting.. it just had reglur tires on it. It worked but im sure the fat tires are way better! there where a few spot where I couldn't get my truck down but it was doable for a bike.. made for quick work!

I could see this product being an essential!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 am

BigHunt wrote:I used a regular mountain bike this past year wile baiting.. it just had reglur tires on it. It worked but im sure the fat tires are way better! there where a few spot where I couldn't get my truck down but it was doable for a bike.. made for quick work!

There are areas (trails) up here closed to atvs & trucks, motorized vehicles, always wanted to get into them, now I can.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 am

Check with your local CO. I've heard mixed legality of using E bikes on public lands.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:23 am

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:34 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Check with your local CO. I've heard mixed legality of using E bikes on public lands.

Yes every County is different, I wont have a issue in Bayfield County and if there is an issue on certain trails I still can use the Fat Tire Bike, just not the Electric Motor. ;) Also just found out if its 750W or less its legal to use on trails open to the public even on non-motorized trails.
Last edited by Mike Foss on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 am

Mike Foss wrote:
BigHunt wrote:I used a regular mountain bike this past year wile baiting.. it just had reglur tires on it. It worked but im sure the fat tires are way better! there where a few spot where I couldn't get my truck down but it was doable for a bike.. made for quick work!

There are areas (trails) up here closed to atvs & trucks, motorized vehicles, always wanted to get into them, now I can.

Mike - How far in do you plan to go with this? What is your plan to get a bear out? The cot, sled, game cart?
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:

Mike - How far in do you plan to go with this? What is your plan to get a bear out? The cot, sled, game cart?

The game cart that attaches to the bike... if its to big of a bear we will deal with it as needed and that's a good problem to have. This will be a learning experience
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Check with your local CO. I've heard mixed legality of using E bikes on public lands.

Pretty sure by me I can’t even use a regular bike
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:32 am

Mike have you bought it yet? If not, contact me for a discount code I can get you up to $400 off a Quiet Kat bike.

In fact anyone reading this who is interested in a bike, PM me I'll give you the discount code.

I have the Fat Kat bike and I love mine.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”