How Many Gallons

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: How Many Gallons

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 am

Is it bad that I got really hungry reading this? :L:

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 am

Freelance Bowhunter wrote:It really depends on how many bears you have using the bait. I have filled two 55-gallon drums, one with trail mix and one with pastries and gummies, and have had it run out in five days. And that's with a 2-inch hole in the barrel of trail mix so they have to work at getting it out. On public land in Minnesota you can't use a barrel so I use a crib in areas where I plan to just bait once a week and it looks like this.

4-5 bears can clean this up in a week easy. And three of them might be a sow with two cubs.

That makes sense. It seems like the second year of a bait it’s alot more active here.
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am

cedarsavage wrote:
Freelance Bowhunter wrote:It really depends on how many bears you have using the bait. I have filled two 55-gallon drums, one with trail mix and one with pastries and gummies, and have had it run out in five days. And that's with a 2-inch hole in the barrel of trail mix so they have to work at getting it out. On public land in Minnesota you can't use a barrel so I use a crib in areas where I plan to just bait once a week and it looks like this.

4-5 bears can clean this up in a week easy. And three of them might be a sow with two cubs.

That makes sense. It seems like the second year of a bait it’s alot more active here.

Absolutely no doubt they get better every year. One question I get from people all the time in seminars is when should they start baiting. I say if you are going to draw a tag next year, start baiting this year.
MIsteelworker

Unread postby MIsteelworker » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:36 pm

This thread has answered a lot of my questions. And also convinced me to by they DIY bear camp dvd

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”