PA Bear Hunting

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rescuerfarmery21

PA Bear Hunting

Unread postby rescuerfarmery21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:49 am

Ok guys this is my first post and I’m looking for tips from you guys that hunt PA bear where we are not allowed to bait and have a whopping 4 days to get it done with a rifle. My experience in the past obviously has been driving for them. I haven’t been able to get a group together the past few years to drive though, life, work and just pure laziness from most guys they don’t want to put the time and effort in by being a pusher they just want to post. Any tips will be greatly appreciated as it’s looking like it’s just going to be me and one good buddy trying to get on them in public land.

AJB

Re: PA Bear Hunting

Unread postby AJB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 am

Scout for fresh sign. If you find really fresh droppings near food and cover like mountain laurel and clear cuts then hunt there. Just like hunting anything else. You have to fins fresh evidence that they are there.
csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Re: PA Bear Hunting

Unread postby csoult » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:29 am

I shot one with my bow last Friday. It was feeding on the edge of a laurel thicket, it ran and died in it's bed. It's just like anything else, find it's bed. Spokes of a wheel after that.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”