Want to learn.

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crazinamatese

Want to learn.

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:08 am

Wisconsin Spring turkey is coming up soon. Im kinda throwing this out there but is there any fellow beasts in west-central WI willing to show me the ropes of turkey hunting? I hunted one season about 6 years ago and didn't do well and I want to try to get into it, but I need a little bit of hands-on learning from someone with experience so I can gain some confidence and knowledge to hunt on my own in the future. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Ack

Re: Want to learn.

Unread postby Ack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Good advice there. Honestly I would read as much as you can here and ask a lot of questions just like we all do in the deer hunting forum. With that you should be able to pick up plenty of information to get yourself on a bird or two.
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Its alot like waterfowl hunting in my opinion. Most cases the birds will be where they want to be. Decoys and calling help, but If you do your scouting enough to find out what ridge they pitch down on out of the roost or where they like to enter a field, thats more than half the battle in my mind.

Do your scouting just like deer hunting, and you should get on some birds. Its a fun time thats for sure though!
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Unless your shootin booners yearly, it doesn't get Mich better than a successful turkey hunt!

I like a lot of Ray Eyes stuff. It wouldn't be a bad ideas to pick up the turkey hunters bible.
Joe™

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”