Alabama Public Hogs?

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redman232

Alabama Public Hogs?

Unread postby Redman232 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

Has anybody else traveled to Alabama for a public hog hunt? This is the second year a group of us from Indiana/Kentucky are heading down March 14-17, Bankhead National Forest. We got skunked last year but it just added fuel to the fire. I'm looking for any tips, stories or anyone else interested. It's a tough 3-4 day "back country" hunt.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Alabama Public Hogs?

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

Sounds fun... I deer hunted down there, but never hogs.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 am

1994 was in the Black Belt region deer hunting and we made a trip into the swamp for some hogs w/ zero success...

Althought the outfitter did trap/cage a big male that I got to feed prior to them slaughtering him, mean nasty looking thing he was!

Got my first 4-deer in 4-days while there, shooting deer I call it... Unfortunately no bucks!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 am

It is a very cool place, though I don't have any real plans of deer hunting down there, I did find myself scout for deer also since I can't really turn that switch off. By the third day last year we figured out that if we were seeing deer we weren't seeing hog sign. Seems as though the hogs really push the other critters out of areas. The locals did tell us that a lot of nice bucks come out of the area but all the deer we saw looked like goats.

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”