Double Heart Shots!

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store


Basinboy
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 pm
Status: Offline

Double Heart Shots!

Postby Basinboy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 pm

This hunt is from last summer. It all happened quick!
https://youtu.be/AQAsZdGDeyw

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


User avatar
DaveT1963
500 Club
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby DaveT1963 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:53 pm

Great shooting! Heard you did pretty good at some of the shoots this year - shows up in your hunts. We have a bad pig problem out this way as well - I need to put some more time in trying to get their numbers down but so far that seems almost futile, Congrats again.
My You Tube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/davetoms63
Traditional Bowhunter for life
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything" - President Dwight D. Eisenhower
User avatar
Jackson Marsh
Moderator
Posts: 11341
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:59 am

8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Basinboy
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby Basinboy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:42 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Great shooting! Heard you did pretty good at some of the shoots this year - shows up in your hunts. We have a bad pig problem out this way as well - I need to put some more time in trying to get their numbers down but so far that seems almost futile, Congrats again.

Hey Dave if you need help with hog control I'd be willing to help lol
I really enjoy the 3D shoots. Gets me ready for the real moment of truth.
Won't be doing any 3D or hunting for a while though. Had a c-perling fall on my two days ago and it tore my knee up. Waiting for an MRI appointment to know just how bad it is but for sure going to need surgery :(

Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
User avatar
Stanley
Moderator
Posts: 18612
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 am
Facebook: None
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby Stanley » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:53 am

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
User avatar
DaveT1963
500 Club
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby DaveT1963 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 am

Basinboy wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Great shooting! Heard you did pretty good at some of the shoots this year - shows up in your hunts. We have a bad pig problem out this way as well - I need to put some more time in trying to get their numbers down but so far that seems almost futile, Congrats again.

Hey Dave if you need help with hog control I'd be willing to help lol
I really enjoy the 3D shoots. Gets me ready for the real moment of truth.
Won't be doing any 3D or hunting for a while though. Had a c-perling fall on my two days ago and it tore my knee up. Waiting for an MRI appointment to know just how bad it is but for sure going to need surgery :(

Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


Dang hate to hear that.... hopefully you'll be back on your feet come opener?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
My You Tube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/davetoms63
Traditional Bowhunter for life
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything" - President Dwight D. Eisenhower
User avatar
DaveT1963
500 Club
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby DaveT1963 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 am

Basinboy wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Great shooting! Heard you did pretty good at some of the shoots this year - shows up in your hunts. We have a bad pig problem out this way as well - I need to put some more time in trying to get their numbers down but so far that seems almost futile, Congrats again.

Hey Dave if you need help with hog control I'd be willing to help lol
I really enjoy the 3D shoots. Gets me ready for the real moment of truth.
Won't be doing any 3D or hunting for a while though. Had a c-perling fall on my two days ago and it tore my knee up. Waiting for an MRI appointment to know just how bad it is but for sure going to need surgery :(

Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


Dang hate to hear that.... hopefully you'll be back on your feet come opener?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
My You Tube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/davetoms63
Traditional Bowhunter for life
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything" - President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Basinboy
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby Basinboy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:40 am

I doubt that Dave, I won't know the full extent of the damage or recovery time until I have an MRI which the Dr's office is supposed to call to schedule one tomorrow.
Sure am sick to the stomach about it. I was leaving today to go scout for my elk hunt in Colorado. That's all off for this year though. No way I'll be ready by August 24th to go on that hunt trip. It's depressing man, things can happen so quick and change your best laid plans

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
User avatar
DaveT1963
500 Club
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby DaveT1963 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:42 am

Basinboy wrote:I doubt that Dave, I won't know the full extent of the damage or recovery time until I have an MRI which the Dr's office is supposed to call to schedule one tomorrow.
Sure am sick to the stomach about it. I was leaving today to go scout for my elk hunt in Colorado. That's all off for this year though. No way I'll be ready by August 24th to go on that hunt trip. It's depressing man, things can happen so quick and change your best laid plans

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


Trust me i know.... just today i had an unscheduled trip to the little magnetic tube to see things that ought not be growing.

Hopefully you can still get in some other less physical hunts.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
My You Tube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/davetoms63
Traditional Bowhunter for life
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything" - President Dwight D. Eisenhower
User avatar
tbunao
500 Club
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 am
Location: North east
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby tbunao » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Dang bassin, sorry to hear about the knee. Where abouts in CO were you going to scout? Have any good tips on 3D shoots?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Grabbing the brass ring
User avatar
vermonthunter16
500 Club
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Land of the Yankees
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby vermonthunter16 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:24 am

Boy you pinned that little one. Nice shootin.
-Rick
User avatar
IkemanTx
500 Club
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:53 am
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby IkemanTx » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:20 am

That little one is the perfect eatin' size. Fits right in the smoker whole!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
User avatar
Tufrthnails
500 Club
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:40 pm
Location: Knee deep in FL Muck!
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby Tufrthnails » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:46 am

Nice shooting. Love the old style thermocell holster with the strap instead of that stupid plastic belt clip they put on.
User avatar
AntlerAddiction
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:08 am
Location: Central KY
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby AntlerAddiction » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Nice shootin!
User avatar
vermonthunter16
500 Club
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Land of the Yankees
Status: Offline

Re: Double Heart Shots!

Postby vermonthunter16 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 am

Good shooting Tex! :D
-Rick

Return to “Boar Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest