Who has killed a coyote with a bow?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Killed a coyote with a bow?

Yes I have.
53%
No I have not.
47%

Total votes: 125
GRUD
500 Club

Re: Who has killed a coyote with a bow?

Unread postby GRUD » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:48 am

Sorry, pasted the link wrong above.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:52 am

Both mine let out a loud growl and snapped at the impact site. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this happen.

It's crazy how smart they are. I had one come across my boot tracks (rubber knee high) on the hardwood forest floor once and as soon as he hit my print he turned inside out and BOLTED. From his reaction you would have thought a bomb went off.

They're hands down smarter than deer IMHO

I've never had a deer smell my boot tracks and take off like that unless there was brush/grass that rubbed against my pants too. Even then they sniff around a bit.

I

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am

Lockdown wrote:Both mine let out a loud growl and snapped at the impact site. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this happen.

It's crazy how smart they are. I had one come across my boot tracks (rubber knee high) on the hardwood forest floor once and as soon as he hit my print he turned inside out and BOLTED. From his reaction you would have thought a bomb went off.

I've never had a deer smell my boot tracks and take off like that unless there was brush/grass that rubbed against my pants too. Even then they sniff around a bit.

I

I stuck a yote about 35 years ago. I took his back legs out and he bit the arrow. It was pretty cool the arrow had teeth marks in it. Aluminum back then. I don't know what ever happened to the arrow. I kept it for a long time cause it was pretty cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
wiriverhunter

Unread postby wiriverhunter » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:11 am

I shot 2 this year, 1 a 12 yard chipshot, the other at 38 yards. I shot one a number ofv years ago also. They are tough critters.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:50 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:It looks like you made a nice shot xpauliber. Congrats. :clap:

Thanks!
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Lockdown wrote:[glow=red]Both mine let out a loud growl and snapped at the impact site[/glow]. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this happen.

Mine did this as well..it was crazy because the hit sounded just like when you hit a deer. It was not happy when that arrow hit.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:27 pm

What the heck was the first comment? Geez I've never seen a gut shot anything go very far at all. thats a myth. Animals in my experience only do that if pushed. It's the worst feeling as a hunter.

Only gun for me and a duck shave. I should of aimed lower. I drew back on a red fox and couldn't do it. It looked awesome. The population of yotes is getting high I've been practicing my verminator call I got just no snow

matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:18 pm

kurt wrote:What the heck was the first comment? Geez I've never seen a gut shot anything go very far at all. thats a myth. Animals in my experience only do that if pushed. It's the worst feeling as a hunter.

Only gun for me and a duck shave. I should of aimed lower. I drew back on a red fox and couldn't do it. It looked awesome. The population of yotes is getting high I've been practicing my verminator call I got just no snow

Yep. I've made up my mind to leave the fox alone. The aren't many around here anymore and are absolutely beautiful animals

E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 am

Killed three yotes and one fox with a bow while deer hunting .Grazed a few lucky yotes too.

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:58 am

Yotes will kill a fox any chance they get. Part of the reason there aren't many around.

I wish there were lots of fox and few coyotes instead of the other way around. They both eat pheasants, rabbits, etc, but fox don't eat deer. Maybe a very small fawn if try get lucky.

shocker99

Unread postby shocker99 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 am

I've killed probably 10 or more throughout the years while deer hunting. I've lip squeaked a few of those in but most of them just came through on the deer trails.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:41 am

Trending at about 50/50 might be a yote is a tough get.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:00 am

I've killed one with my Longbow while Turkey hunting. In fact the only time I've called them in was during spring Turkey season. I've never called one in going out for just coyote. I've also missed a couple with my bow. One of the hardest animals to kill IMO.

cameron

Unread postby cameron » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:27 pm

I've killed a couple while deer hunting. My buddy and I have gone out a few times specifically bowhunting for yotes, haven't gotten it done yet tho.

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:05 am

I shot one with a bow while deer hunting had a couple close calls too

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”