Hunting Beast QA with Dan and Mario

• Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Hunting Beast QA with Dan and Mario

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 am

Jeff G wrote:The best part about doing drives is gaining the in season scouting knowledge andbeing able to kill a slob at any moment driver or stander has an equal chance at pulling it off.

Yes...If you're doing a drive with Dan ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:38 am

tgreeno wrote:
Jeff G wrote:The best part about doing drives is gaining the in season scouting knowledge andbeing able to kill a slob at any moment driver or stander has an equal chance at pulling it off.

Man even I feel I could pull off some successful drives if I had a willing crew. Just the knowledge on cyber scouting for bedding will way up the odds!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 am

stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

Man even I feel I could pull off some successful drives if I had a willing crew. Just the knowledge on cyber scouting for bedding will way up the odds!

Hmm...The 1st annual Wisconsin BEAST deer drive! I'm in!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:58 am

tgreeno wrote:
stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

I'm serious here!! Who else wants in on this? I'm a tick bitten Lyme infested old dog. But I was always a good dog on a deer drive. Alot slower now but still willing.

Jeff how often do you guys change direction of drives in a spot. According to the direction the wind is blowing that day?
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 pm

stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:
stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

I'm serious here!! Who else wants in on this? I'm a tick bitten Lyme infested old dog. But I was always a good dog on a deer drive. Alot slower now but still willing.

Jeff how often do you guys change direction of drives in a spot. According to the direction the wind is blowing that day?

Usually we do them in the same direction every year. What changes is when the drivers or posters go in. Last year dan and I did a mini drive. Dan set up, my scent blowing in the bedding area got the deer moving before I even started walking. In the marsh the big stuff runs with the wind or against the wind.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Jeff G wrote:
stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:
stash59 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

Usually we do them in the same direction every year. What changes is when the drivers or posters go in. Last year dan and I did a mini drive. Dan set up, my scent blowing in the bedding area got the deer moving before I even started walking. In the marsh the big stuff runs with the wind or against the wind.

Thanx! Yeah that's what I remember from the DVD's, YouTube videos and podcast. Just making sure I didn't miss something. Looks like you guys have a blast!!!
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:29 am

Possibly one of the best topics I've heard covered in the series thus far. Awesome to hear what you did for that inner city girl Dan. There isn't a greater reward than seeing that excitement in a youth in the outdoors. We all know there is a lot of jealousy and ego in this sport, and the industry and change in the modern outdoorsman has tainted the minds of a lot of young hunters.
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:30 pm

[b]Part 9 of the series is up[/b]

Topics:
How To \ Bed Set-ups, Pressure \ Prioritizing Hunts \ Bedding, Complex Properties \ Bedding, Maximize Hunting Vacation, Early Season Hunts, Season Strategy

HBPodcast:
http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/podcast/player.php?file=1500690364

Spreaker:
http://www.spreaker.com/user/thehuntingbeast/hb-episode-21-qa-with-dan-and-mario-part

Spreaker on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWr9OzzDVY

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Zk_8hflqI
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 am

Thanks for posting Mario. 8-)
Greg4579

Unread postby Greg4579 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 am

Just wrapped up part 8 and I thought it was the best so far. Dan reflecting on teaching his kids struck a chord with me. At this point as I have gotten somewhat assimilated into the site most folks know I am a first year beast and trying to find my way. What I haven't shared is that it was me wanting to make sure my son has firm root system in the outdoors which motivated me. There's lots of wisdom in your words!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 am

Well done as always gentlemen! I'm sure everyone appreciates all the time you guys have put into this series!

Between this series and the all time tactical thread, I can't imagine a question being unanswered!
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:01 am

another great session thanks again
blueKYstream

Unread postby blueKYstream » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:56 pm

I have enjoyed listening to all of them. I'm a new parent, so I appreciate the advice. I actually found it useful in the reverse. I'm more serious about hunting, but my dad has been doing it for years. He's to the point that he'll shoot any "decent" buck. He'll shoot basket 8's and we harp on him for it. It's probably something to draw back on a bit at times and just enjoy the hunts!
sgspencer

Unread postby sgspencer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 am

Thank you so much guys for doing this series. A tremendous wealth of information !

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”