Scent Control Podcast with Dan Infalt & John Eberhart

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Scent Control Podcast with Dan Infalt & John Eberhart

Unread postby Florida » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:46 am

We've been working hard on getting this podcast done for months. Part 1 of 3 is finally live! I don't think it will disappoint. Give it a listen and share your thoughts here. It will take a couple weeks to get parts 2 and 3 done so be patient with us. You can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play by searching Down South Hunting or-

Listen on web-
http://www.downsouthhunting.com/down-so ... te-part-1/

Direct download-
http://traffic.libsyn.com/downsouthhunt ... Part_1.mp3

http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: Scent Control Podcast with Dan Infalt & John Eberhart

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks, downloading it now.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

Awesome!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:41 am

GREAT JOB GUYS! Congrats on having great guests on your show. Really enjoyed this! Thank You Dan & John for taking the time. Good listen, looking forward to reviews & the next episode!
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:12 am

I agree. Fantastic work! I know you've had Bronson Strickland and the Penn State guys on and now this. Very good work. I'm pretty impressed.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:41 am

Interesting listen. Thanx Down South guys.

I truly believe Mr Eberhart honestly believes in ScentLok. His talk on it being an all or nothing proposition makes alot of sense. The TV show people that are only wearing it for the money, but not taking the all or nothing approach. To me is false advertising. John said he doesn't get paid by ScentLoc but get's his suits for free. Is the same as getting paid in my book. That stuff ain't cheap. And I bet he's getting more than a couple. New setups a year.

It raises my curiosity abit. But using it the way John describes it should be. Is just too much hassle for this old dog. Let alone being able to afford it. It would take alot of the fun of hunting away for me personally. The Beast way is way more liberating.

Dan you need to invite him to a workshop so he understands the real ins and out's of finding mature buck beds.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 am

stash59 wrote:Interesting listen. Thanx Down South guys.

I truly believe Mr Eberhart honestly believes in ScentLok. His talk on it being an all or nothing proposition makes alot of sense. The TV show people that are only wearing it for the money, but not taking the all or nothing approach. To me is false advertising. John said he doesn't get paid by ScentLoc but get's his suits for free. Is the same as getting paid in my book. That stuff ain't cheap. And I bet he's getting more than a couple. New setups a year.

It raises my curiosity abit. But using it the way John describes it should be. Is just too much hassle for this old dog. Let alone being able to afford it. It would take alot of the fun of hunting away for me personally. The Beast way is way more liberating.

Dan you need to invite him to a workshop so he understands the real ins and out's of finding mature buck beds.

I agree, also thought his views on bed hunting werent anything to look down on bc its how most people think about. Its how I used to think about it.
One thing Ill have to listen to again was something Dan talked about with milkweed bouncing off the deer. Im not sure I followed along at that part very well.

This interview was so good!
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

Eberhart needs an education. Either that or he really is an industry patsy. He'd honestly never heard of Dan before this interview? Are you kidding me? I laughed so hard in my truck listening to the podcast when I heard him say that. Followed up by, "any buck beds he finds after the season won't matter because the deer have changed their patterns" oh man... dead ground leaves serious trails and historical data right in front of your eyes buddy. And he thought stacking beds was the craziest thing he'd ever heard?!? I'm a newb and I thought that was probably the most common sense tactic I could ever imagine. Dan, you owned that podcast! :clap:
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 am

You need the suit, the boots, the jacket, the full face mask, the gloves.... I mean c'mon....
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 am

I can believe he's never heard of dan. A lot of people in Michigan have never heard of him that I talk with
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:01 am

They mentioned stacking bedding areas out of the blue without using the word stacking on Dan. Later John E acted like the beds Dan finds in March and April could only be March and April beds. ... John acted like it was impossible to find a bucks October bedroom in March or April.

John said it's crazy., referring to Dan's tactics. His tone seemed like he don't believe it. Well Dan ain't no fraud, so it's obvious to me who's gonna be the most truthful
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:07 am

Darkknight54 wrote:
stash59 wrote:Interesting listen. Thanx Down South guys.

I agree, also thought his views on bed hunting werent anything to look down on bc its how most people think about. Its how I used to think about it.
One thing Ill have to listen to again was something Dan talked about with milkweed bouncing off the deer. Im not sure I followed along at that part very well.

This interview was so good!

Finding actual buck beds is an amazing thought. Dan makes it seem pretty simple. Which once you understand the what, whys and hows of it. It's not all that complex. But still has to boggle the minds of most, even the best non bed hunters.

The part about Dan bouncing milkweed off of deer that didn't spook/react negatively. To his human stink. Was to point out not all deer react the same way. Especially younger deer.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:12 am

Only listened to the first 20 minutes.. date night with the wife. Pretty excited to hear the rest.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:16 am

john1984 wrote:They mentioned stacking bedding areas out of the blue without using the word stacking on Dan. Later John E acted like the beds Dan finds in March and April could only be March and April beds. ... John acted like it was impossible to find a bucks October bedroom in March or April.

John said it's crazy., referring to Dan's tactics. His tone seemed like he don't believe it. Well Dan ain't no fraud, so it's obvious to me who's gonna be the most truthful

I don't think this is an unusual thought. For most hunters. Even very good ones like John. Dan's and Adrae's bed hunting tactics are still very revolutionary to the general deer hunting population. Staying out of a bucks bedroom is still the normal thinking out there.

I really don't think John is a fraud. He truly believes in the stuff. No different than a Buddist truly believes in their spiritual philosophy.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

I haven't listened to it yet but the comments about John questioning Dan's bed hunting and scouting tactics strikes me as unnecessary. Thought the podcast was strictly about scent control? :?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”