**LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: **LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 am

brkissl82 wrote:Gona b a warm wisconsin opener looks like 83!!!!!! Hasnt been that warm all summer!!! Whats everyones plan

Shoot a mature buck :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:01 am

tgreeno wrote:
brkissl82 wrote:Gona b a warm wisconsin opener looks like 83!!!!!! Hasnt been that warm all summer!!! Whats everyones plan

Shoot a mature buck :lol:

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see you in the kill thread with a big one on saturday!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:08 am

I have a love hate with cool opening weekends. It's nice when the temps are down but the hunting pressure reflects that. I expect to be pretty much hunting on my own opening day. Bring on the heat. Looks to be cooling down to the upper 60's by Monday when everyone else will be back to work except for me. :dance:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 am

Assault, sticks, thermacell, water and jungle boots.

Got sick of waiting for the deer to come to me. Going right to them, and gonna say hello with some sharp steel 8-)

Pumped up doesn't describe it
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 am

Dewey wrote:I have a love hate with cool opening weekends. It's nice when the temps are down but the hunting pressure reflects that. I expect to be pretty much hunting on my own opening day. Bring on the heat. Looks to be cooling down to the upper 60's by Monday when everyone else will be back to work except for me. :dance:

Me too :dance:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
fireforeffect

Unread postby fireforeffect » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 am

Man! Our opener isn't until Oct. 7! :cry:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

tgreeno wrote:
Dewey wrote:I have a love hate with cool opening weekends. It's nice when the temps are down but the hunting pressure reflects that. I expect to be pretty much hunting on my own opening day. Bring on the heat. Looks to be cooling down to the upper 60's by Monday when everyone else will be back to work except for me. :dance:

Do you guys ever work?? :lol:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Jonny wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

I try not too ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

tgreeno wrote:
Jonny wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

I try not too ;)

I'm semi retired. ;)
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

Dewey wrote:
tgreeno wrote:
I try not too ;)

I'm semi retired. ;)

Dewey, that's funny. That's what I tell everyone too.
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 pm

I watched a hunting show on a cable network. They said that early season is no good. You have to wait for rut or hunting by over a brassica field in December. So I was planning knitting this weekend. :mrgreen:

I plan on sitting over water Saturday. Looking at the forecast, Sunday looks like a cool down and possibly even a north wind. This gets me excited for a few spots I have picked out!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
cw2gsp

Unread postby cw2gsp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 am

mainebowhunter wrote:Back at it tonight. Basically working my way through different spots...changing with the wind direction. Hunting lower impact spots first and working my way through the property. No deer spotted yet. About 45 min left.

MB how goes it the last couple days? I've been out every day in the Expanded zone and haven't had a sighting yet. Like you I've been moving in slowly using Beast tactics so I expect less sightings but surprised I haven't come across a doe or two.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:09 am

cw2gsp wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:Back at it tonight. Basically working my way through different spots...changing with the wind direction. Hunting lower impact spots first and working my way through the property. No deer spotted yet. About 45 min left.

MB how goes it the last couple days? I've been out every day in the Expanded zone and haven't had a sighting yet. Like you I've been moving in slowly using Beast tactics so I expect less sightings but surprised I haven't come across a doe or two.

18hrs on stand 0 deer spotted. One of the 3.5yr olds I am chasing has zagged and I zigged. Very few does in this area. He has been moving in daylight just not in front of my stands. The other too bucks have not been showing much. What part of the state are you hunting?

I will be moving again tonight to a different section.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:10 am

I believe one of the deer I have been chasing was killed opening morning. Kind of wondered why he had not showed in a few days. Oh well. Odds just got cut by 33% :D As I mentioned, very few deer in the urban zone.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:27 am

mainebowhunter wrote:I believe one of the deer I have been chasing was killed opening morning. Kind of wondered why he had not showed in a few days. Oh well. Odds just got cut by 33% :D As I mentioned, very few deer in the urban zone.

Keep after it Maine! Your time will come!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”