Saw this on Facebook with Michael Waddell

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Saw this on Facebook with Michael Waddell

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 am

Whether it was a truly heart felt expression or because his bank account is suffering. It's kinda nice to see a "big shot" admitting these kind of things.

Hope it starts a change in the industry.

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
SmallJawNH

Unread postby SmallJawNH » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 am

Josh_S wrote:I'm glad he admitted. I haven't watched a television hunting show in 2-3 years, they've lost me as a consumer. It may be too late, I know there are many others like me who have turned off the tv. I honestly have no clue what brand names in hunting are being promoted right now.

What Michael Waddell fails to mention (and possibly realize) is the growing numbers of hunters who see through all the industry garbage and are now tuning in to realistic hunting media that they can relate to. Just because consumers no longer tune in to cable hunting shows measured by metrics does not mean they lost interest in hunting...many have made the switch to realistic hunting media. I believe a big part of hunting industry revenue declining is that hunters realize they can be just as successful without spending money. It doesn't mean we quit hunting. Hunting is a sport not an industry.

The Hunting Beast, The Hunting Public, Whitetail Adrenaline, and other realistic hunting media are light years ahead of the "industry" in realizing what the general public truly wants to see. I salute those who have the guts to portray the struggles of realistic hunting, while probably sacrificing the gain of sponsorship dollars in the process.

I feel like this is right on.

The internet has changed the type of content I consume. Podcasts have taken over my radio entirely. I don't remember the last FM radio station I listened to.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Sounds like Oprah. ..

Michael and Oprah on the same ticket?
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am

Guess I don't follow along enough...self preservation? Because TV is on the downslide? Or are things on the downslide for Michael? I have never seen many of these guys except on Carbon TV.
186buck

Unread postby 186buck » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 am

Can it be viewed anywhere other than facebook. I don't have an account.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am

I really think this is a rant to save something maybe his own persona or boss bills persona. Imo bill jordans (which i cant stand and never could) real tree outdoors i really think big bill molded the real tree brat mikey w. He started alot of the false ideas fantasy tactics and unrealistic hopes in the deer hunting world . Monster bucks was i think one of the first video sets which only kills and never misses were aired. Buckmasters Jackie boy was a close second i liked jackie though
Definitely a ploy cause of somthing said or happened somewhere. billy boy Pretty much owns camouflage now so it’s definitely a backpeddle or ploy and once again sorry i am not or was i ever a big fan of bill j. Mike w jim shockey. Rodger r JIM SHOCKEY. Lol just sell outs
The one that was pretty good back in the day was dan fitsgerald that guy shot any deer that walked under him
Bob folkrod started with him bob eventually sold out too for espn outdoors
If true this is sad that one of the big boys of tv would set this up because they know the viewers know they are full of crap and are now turning to you tube or podcasts etc
Ill stick to right here and danny’s stuff. Its real life for us by us. No painted pictures or sales pitches ever just us for us by us shared by us told by us
Once again just my opinion
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 am

Stanley wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:Sounds like Oprah. ..

Michael and Oprah on the same ticket?

Dont forget kayne west too bro lmao.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am

My respect for for Michael Waddel just went up not really sure why he didn't talk like this when he was at realtree.

Thats why i like hunting beast and Dan you guys are fantastic hunters who work hard and are passionate about nature and the wildlife we pursue.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
mspaci

Unread postby mspaci » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:00 am

IMO he is one of the problems on TV. Always trying to sell us junk, & promoting outfitters. Profits must be down, now trying to figure out why. He hunts the best ground, come out east here & see how you do. Many guys on this forum are 10 times the hunter he is. Mike
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am

mspaci wrote:IMO he is one of the problems on TV. Always trying to sell us junk, & promoting outfitters. Profits must be down, now trying to figure out why. He hunts the best ground, come out east here & see how you do. Many guys on this forum are 10 times the hunter he is. Mike

I agree 100%
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 am

headgear wrote:Yep I think elk and others nailed it, a nice rant but he might be more interested in self preservation. I think many guys are abandoning the hunting shows in favor of YouTubers and real hunting instead of TV hunting. Kind of like how many of us followed the public land guys on Midwest Whitetail before they went out on their own. Who wants to support big $$$ hunting when can support the little people and public land guys who actually contribute to this site.

I like what he's saying! With that being said...I believe he also sees the writing on the wall and TV hunting shows are dropping in popularity. All of those guys will always be hunting expensively managed lands and with top notch outfitters. So trying to "relate to the common man" is going to be pretty difficult in my mind.

I think many young kids getting into hunting, are also influenced by their parents. And the parents are the problem. "We can't shoot this 3 year old". So the kid is learning it from a young age on.

I think on here you even see it every so often. New guys joining and rattling off their buck scores. I'm guessing they're trying to earn clout with some people?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 am

LOL!!!!!!!!
I know there will be people that disagree with me, but He was instrumental in building the exact thing he is railing against. This is him trying to save some kind of face with his dwindling followers.

I agree with most of what he has said, it’s just so hypocritical coming from him. Maybe he has changed but I doubt we see any Michael Waddell public land hunting any time soon.

I hardly watch any of those shows anymore and the hunting public, and behind the bow, and so many others that are on this site are so much better, also real life. The only shows I can stomach watching are the exotic hunts all around the world. They hunt game in many cases I have never heard of or seen. Beyond that it’s the hunting public for me.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:30 am

facebook and michael waddell. Two things toward the bottom of my list...
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 am

Maybe he's changed since then ~2 years ago, but I have a good buddy that manages/hunts a plantation next to Waddell's and worked for a pond management company that stocks his ponds. I was told nobody could drive down any of the roads except the main road outside of deer season, couldn't go in the woods, very well managed and protected from any human intrusion. Nobody is shooting spikes there....

This is just what I've been told, so take it with a grain of salt. But I doubt Waddell practices what he preaches. Definitely a public relations stunt to make it seem like he's on your side type of thing.

I could care less though. Aside from THB, The Hunting Public, Behind the Bow and a select few other YouTube series I don't pay attention to "Pro" hunters
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 am

tgreeno wrote:
headgear wrote:Yep I think elk and others nailed it, a nice rant but he might be more interested in self preservation. I think many guys are abandoning the hunting shows in favor of YouTubers and real hunting instead of TV hunting. Kind of like how many of us followed the public land guys on Midwest Whitetail before they went out on their own. Who wants to support big $$$ hunting when can support the little people and public land guys who actually contribute to this site.

I like what he's saying! With that being said...I believe he also sees the writing on the wall and TV hunting shows are dropping in popularity. All of those guys will always be hunting expensively managed lands and with top notch outfitters. So trying to "relate to the common man" is going to be pretty difficult in my mind.

I think many young kids getting into hunting, are also influenced by their parents. And the parents are the problem. "We can't shoot this 3 year old". So the kid is learning it from a young age on.

I think on here you even see it every so often. New guys joining and rattling off their buck scores. I'm guessing they're trying to earn clout with some people?

I agree greeno. I tell my kids you shoot anything you want legally dont care. I just want you to have fun. Its not a task chore or job Putting a stipulation or restriction on somthing to hunt to a kid is almost like a rule to them
Kids dont like alot of rules they like fun Teach them the right and ethical way and they will learn later how to live a lifetsyle long forgotten
Besides i want my kids too wheel my decrepit old but oht to my blind when im old.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”