W2H #200 Well worth your time

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Re: W2H #200 Well worth your time

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:I’m glad you guys enjoyed the podcast as it was definitely out of my comfort zone. I really enjoyed having the panel discussion but obviously we weren’t able to dive in as much detail in the certain things.

I also wanted to mention that I said something during the podcast that I think may have came off wrong. It was in regards to the amount of time required to build those fundamental woodsmanship skills. I think that I stated that I felt bad for the older guys that were trying to devote a lot of time in the woods that had families and such. When I listened to it I didn’t like the way that it sounded. The point I was trying to make is that it does require a significant amount of time to develop those fundamentals and it’s hard when you have a young family. Much easier before that stuff happens . I wasn’t implying that’s what everybody should do or needs to do to be successful or improve as a hunter. Older hunters can certainly do that as well (just look at all the Beast killers) I just meant it’s easier when you’re younger before you have kids and are married because they obviously should and do take a higher priority.

Interesting I used that same piece to encourage another beast member. Because I think many times guys sit back and think that there is something they are missing...and reality it's just time in the woods. It helps to learn to set realistic goals.

You guys offered a lot of knowledge. Wisdom is applying that knowledge yourself. And that just takes a lot of time.

MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 am

Listening now!
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:I’m glad you guys enjoyed the podcast as it was definitely out of my comfort zone. I really enjoyed having the panel discussion but obviously we weren’t able to dive in as much detail in the certain things.

I also wanted to mention that I said something during the podcast that I think may have came off wrong. It was in regards to the amount of time required to build those fundamental woodsmanship skills. I think that I stated that I felt bad for the older guys that were trying to devote a lot of time in the woods that had families and such. When I listened to it I didn’t like the way that it sounded. The point I was trying to make is that it does require a significant amount of time to develop those fundamentals and it’s hard when you have a young family. Much easier before that stuff happens . I wasn’t implying that’s what everybody should do or needs to do to be successful or improve as a hunter. Older hunters can certainly do that as well (just look at all the Beast killers) I just meant it’s easier when you’re younger before you have kids and are married because they obviously should and do take a higher priority.

Thank you for doing this podcast! This past season with a wife and 5 year old I only got to hunt 10 sits all year. But I could have killed my biggest buck to date, twice. You guys continue to give me so much confidence. I get frustrated and sometimes make excuses that i don't get enough time to hunt. But each year i scout/ cyber scout more and more in the offseason and try to do all the little things correctly. And then I listen to you guys and it hits me like, "They're dealing with the same daily grind as me. Get out there and do it!"
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm

That was probably my all time favorite podcast I have listened to! Well done guys! Gets me fired up for next season! 8-)
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm

link?
mnswamphunter

Unread postby mnswamphunter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Great pod cast, I listened to it today. I probably would have taken many hours to cover what these guys know about hunting. The two big take a ways for me is the need for scouting in a way that suits your style and take calculated chances because you may not have the time to wait for another chance.
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 pm

CMRuikka
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cmr.ruikka

Unread postby CMRuikka » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 am

Andy I'd say I fall into that category. I've been very serious about deer for 5-6 years now. But I've gotten married and have a 3 year old during that period. So it's been a constant struggle balancing family life and deer hunting. Somewhat ironic that Mark Kenyon host of the podcast just had his first child and will now be entering into that world. Nonetheless the Hunting Beast, your words, Joe Re's words, and Jesse's insight have been phenomenal and consistently help me think outside the box.
Whitetail Battle

The journey to the next buck is what always keeps us coming back for more.
CMRuikka
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cmr.ruikka

Unread postby CMRuikka » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 am

MikePerry wrote:Listened to it while out slinging perch through the ice today, great job Joe and Andy and great podcast

Mike you can't beat slinging perch and listening to a podcast like that. Keep up the great work, I always appreciate your insight. (CMR Ruikka on Facebook FYI)
Whitetail Battle

The journey to the next buck is what always keeps us coming back for more.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:25 pm

:clap: great podcast and a great pick for a panel! :clap:
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
CHALK_1

Unread postby CHALK_1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:44 pm

I’ve listened to a majority of W2H podcasts...this one is in my top 3. Excellent job, gonna have to listen again. Really enjoyed the different perspectives on the similar tactics.
harold

Unread postby harold » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:30 am

I really enjoyed this. There were so many great points made and tips of advice; I'll definitely have to give it a second listen. Any guys who have that kind of success, yet are so humble and willing to share knowledge, are the guys to listen to IMO.

Also, I never knew anything about Jesse before listening to this. But I was really impressed with his perspective on a lot of the questions.
WISCOANDY

Unread postby WISCOANDY » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:26 pm

This was absolutely one of the very best podcasts that I have ever listened to. Thanks to W2H and the guests, especially JoeRE and Ridgerunner.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

CHALK_1 wrote:I’ve listened to a majority of W2H podcasts...this one is in my top 3. Excellent job, gonna have to listen again. Really enjoyed the different perspectives on the similar tactics.

Mine too! Which ones are your other favorites?
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
Tempy

Unread postby Tempy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Next level stuff! Those guys make it sound so simple and seems as if it just comes second nature. Awesome episode.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”