Define "Overlooked"

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

But dozer
Facebook: Aaron Johnson

Re: Define "Overlooked"

Unread postby But dozer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Are these spots you guys finding that are overlooked good because pressure eventually puts deer there or are they good day one of the season? I understand that these spots are probably even more sensitive to over hunting but am just curious if some have seen the deer use them right from the get go or they need other Hunter pressure to put them there?

Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:46 pm

But dozer wrote:Are these spots you guys finding that are overlooked good because pressure eventually puts deer there or are they good day one of the season? I understand that these spots are probably even more sensitive to over hunting but am just curious if some have seen the deer use them right from the get go or they need other Hunter pressure to put them there?

Seems like the big stuff is already there because it dont stink of people. As pressure increases more deer will try to use these areas.
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
But dozer

Unread postby But dozer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Gotcha, so basically just watch for the hot sign that he's there and sit it when the wind is right?
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 am

But dozer wrote:Are these spots you guys finding that are overlooked good because pressure eventually puts deer there or are they good day one of the season? I understand that these spots are probably even more sensitive to over hunting but am just curious if some have seen the deer use them right from the get go or they need other Hunter pressure to put them there?

Every spot will be different. In general - a good overlooked bedding area will hold deer all season and its bc people dont go there.

Sometimes it may take pressure/gun season to put a good buck there. Possibly a certain crop/food source. There was a collar study years back that showed opening day of rifle a mature buck moved his bedding right to the parking lot. Those spots you'll have to try out to learn.

So far the good ones I have found hold bucks thru summer, into the season.
But dozer

Unread postby But dozer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Cool!! Thanks for the replies!! I've got some learning to do this season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”