Huntmore Chairs...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Huntmore Chairs...

Unread postby dan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 am

I wanted to publicly thank Scott Hoffman from Huntmore ( check out his site: http://www.huntmore.biz/ )
for sponsoring the Hunting beast website and the big buck contest. I have had a growing interest in his chairs since they 1st came out. I was a little reluctant at 1st, but after hearing great reviews from a lot of people I trust I am going to give it a try this fall... I am finding the need to hunt off the ground more and more. I will always prefer a tree stand, but you gotta hunt bucks where they live and if there are no trees, or climbing will expose you, well then you need to adapt or fail.

In the past my ground hunts have been sitting on the ground, or on a small folding chair, or log... Less than ideal. I am looking forward to giving this a try, especially after talking a bit with "Dirt nap giver" about his huntmore chair. He is the one who convinced me to talk with scott...

I am hoping for the following:

MOBILE: It needs to be able to be taken in and set up quietly. Good break down or folding would be good.

QUIET: It needs to be silent in both set up and while hunting.

COMFORTABLE: I am hoping its easy to shoot out of, and I can sit still comfortably.

I will give a review after testing. If anyone else has tried one, please post here what you thought of the product.

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Re: Huntmore Chairs...

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:09 am

interested to hear your review.....

I am interested in one if it holds up to your standards.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 am

dan wrote:I wanted to publicly thank Scott Hoffman from Huntmore ( check out his site: http://www.huntmore.biz/ )
for sponsoring the Hunting beast website and the big buck contest. I have had a growing interest in his chairs since they 1st came out. I was a little reluctant at 1st, but after hearing great reviews from a lot of people I trust I am going to give it a try this fall... I am finding the need to hunt off the ground more and more. I will always prefer a tree stand, but you gotta hunt bucks where they live and if there are no trees, or climbing will expose you, well then you need to adapt or fail.

In the past my ground hunts have been sitting on the ground, or on a small folding chair, or log... Less than ideal. I am looking forward to giving this a try, especially after talking a bit with "Dirt nap giver" about his huntmore chair. He is the one who convinced me to talk with scott...

MOBILE: It needs to be able to be taken in and set up quietly. Good break down or folding would be good.

COMFORTABLE: I am hoping its easy to shoot out of, and I can sit still comfortably.

I will give a review after testing. If anyone else has tried one, please post here what you thought of the product.

I am interested in the review. I have a triangular seat Double bull. I consider this seat better suited for women. The double Bull seats are tough on the twig and berries. So I'm interested in other options.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:42 am

I have been hunting on the ground more myself the last few years. Starting to figure out some big bucks completely avoid trees in marshes so you need to adapt.

Been using a Marsh Seat or a Double Bull chair and neither one is very comfortable. Been looking for a better option for my screwed up back.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Stanley wrote:I am interested in the review. I have a triangular seat Double bull. I consider this seat better suited for women. The double Bull seats are tough on the twig and berries. So I'm interested in other options.

So much for this being a family site Stanley! :lol:

KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 pm

I have owned a Huntmore stool for about 5 years. I haven't done a ton of hunting with it, but use it more and more each season.

Pros;
-rock solid, it will never break
-VERY COMFORTABLE (even with the triangular seat, Stanley)
-all three legs are adjustable. This handles uneven ground. I like to set the legs so I am slightly leaning back.. very comfy on my old back
-completely silent 360 degree swiveling
-breaks down for packing
-quiet set up...IF... you tape up all the legs and metal components. Just like a Lone Wolf tree stand, it needs a little customizing to be quiet on set up.
-it is easy to shoot out of.

Cons;

-It ain't cheap! it cost $200 when I bought it 5 years ago
-it ain't light. Mine weighs over 10.5 lbs (including silencing tape job)
-some assembly required. You need to assemble it at your hunt site. It is a little putzy to put together quietly.
-it needs a carrying system of some sort. Mine came with a lame noisy heavy nylon bag with a shoulder strap. Ain't no way I am gonna use that while sneaking close to a bedded buck. I bungie mine to an alice pack frame..that works well.

All in all, I love having the Huntmore stool as a hunting tool when I need it.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I played with one at the Illinois deer classic, very nice folks , very honest about the product. The price and weight kept me from making the purchase. But will revisit the idea, I'm sure after I make one hunt in my 20 dollar chair.

I like the idea and the chair, seems like it need the capibilty to adjust lower than it does.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:36 pm

When I met Scott for the first time, I too had a case of sticker shock. Scott's words still ring in my mind to this day. "it's a tree stand for the ground, It's just another quality tool". I didn't buy a chair that day, but every time I sat in my cheap chairs, I thought about the Huntmore. Fast forward 3 years...... my Bride and I felt led to find a church home. After 6 months or so of attending, Scott and I were talking, when I asked what he did for a living, "bing" THE CHAIR! Well, I bought my first Huntmore and have loved it since. Maybe more on that later.................

I have been hunting more and more from the ground over the years, not because of physical limitations or fear of heights, It's because the state land around my house gets ponded sooooo hard, that seldom will you find a slob walking by trees in daylight. Sure they do it in the rut when their are "twitter payted", but other than that............ When I get onto a buck I want, I will use whatever tool necessary to kill him. I have said this before, If I need to kill him with a crossbow, guile suit and my Huntmore, so be it! If i need to do it with my Lone Wolf and bow, so be it! I would rather kill him with my bow any day.

I am 100% confident in this product, it's not a gimmick or gadget. It's a quality "tool" that has been the ace in my pocket on many occasions. Just as any other piece of equipment, it MUST be maintained. I, the electronically challenged window licker, will be working on a short video or 2,3,4 showing the tips I have learned and have been shown by Scott over the years. KLEMZ, I have quite a few tips that cover your con list I am sure you'll like. I will try my best to have these video's up in the next week or so.

Scott has built the Lone Wolf of hunting chairs, just my opinion, I will try my best to SHOW you why I think this.

Enjoy your chair Dan!
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Looks like a cool product but for that price absolutley not.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Stanley wrote:I am interested in the review. I have a triangular seat Double bull. I consider this seat better suited for women. The double Bull seats are tough on the twig and berries. So I'm interested in other options.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I would love to get a one of those, but the only way I'm likely to get one is to get lucky and win it in the contest.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:12 pm

dirt nap giver wrote: I, the electronically challenged window licker, will be working on a short video or 2,3,4 showing the tips I have learned and have been shown by Scott over the years. KLEMZ, I have quite a few tips that cover your con list I am sure you'll like. I will try my best to have these video's up in the next week or so.

I would welcome any ideas you have..thanks!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Dewey wrote:
Stanley wrote:
dan wrote:I wanted to publicly thank Scott Hoffman from Huntmore ( check out his site: http://www.huntmore.biz/ )

I am interested in the review. I have a triangular seat Double bull. I consider this seat better suited for women. The double Bull seats are tough on the twig and berries. So I'm interested in other options.

So much for this being a family site Stanley! :lol:

Be carful Stanley, you may have to change your original post ;)

I call it personality!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:23 am

Congrats Dan!! Anxious for a review! Hope it works out for ya! Congrats on the sponsorship too!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:58 am

I got my chairs and tried them out a little... They are quiet, but I may add some stealth strips to the metal parts. Its very adjustable, and comfortable. Its got big feet that don't sink in normal dirt. In cattails I will still need to use a small plywood sheet to keep from sinking... Shooting out of them looks to be easy cause there is nothing in your way on the sides, and it quietly swivels 360. The hardest thing for me is assembly in the field. Thats going to take some getting used to, or figuring out a way to transport partially assembled. Dirt nap had told me that he has a system for being mobile... Hoping he shares what he came up with. Over all still very happy with the chairs.
The price is high, but there is a lot of work and its built with quality. Not much different than buying a quality vs a cheap stand. You get what you pay for.
Have to see if I can kill anything out of one now.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:38 am

dan wrote:I got my chairs and tried them out a little... They are quiet, but I may add some stealth strips to the metal parts. Its very adjustable, and comfortable. Its got big feet that don't sink in normal dirt. In cattails I will still need to use a small plywood sheet to keep from sinking... Shooting out of them looks to be easy cause there is nothing in your way on the sides, and it quietly swivels 360. The hardest thing for me is assembly in the field. Thats going to take some getting used to, or figuring out a way to transport partially assembled. Dirt nap had told me that he has a system for being mobile... Hoping he shares what he came up with. Over all still very happy with the chairs.
The price is high, but there is a lot of work and its built with quality. Not much different than buying a quality vs a cheap stand. You get what you pay for.
Have to see if I can kill anything out of one now.

Yes, the time to kill is very near!!! Pretty good review so far...

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”