Live From The Stand 2013

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Live From The Stand 2013

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Sounds like some of you will be starting your season already this weekend so thought I would officially kick off this thread. Been very entertaining the last few years.

Looking forward to live reports from the stand. If you don't feel comfortable posting on stand or don't own a smartphone reports added later are fine too. Have fun! 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Re: Live From The Stand 2013

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 am

Great thread! Helps keep me in the tree longer when fellow beasts are out there and seeing deer movement!
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 am

love it..... good luck to every one :D :D
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 am

Hopefully there will be some BEAST KILLS in here before the weekend is over! Good luck to all you guys starting this weekend, and think of us poor BEAST on the sideline waiting to get in the game :D
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Just passed 2 2.5 year old 4x4s in velvet. Tough pass both were 115"ers. Now for papa.

Genesis 27:3

"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Knute78 wrote:Just passed 2 2.5 year old 4x4s in velvet. Tough pass both were 115"ers. Now for papa.

That's awesome!! Good Luck this wknd!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Nothing else showed. That's ok, it was a successful hunt to start the year. I'm pulling the camera card on my way out to see what I got in the last month and a half. Hopefully I don't kick myself for not shooting a decent velvet buck. I just didn't get that feeling that said....shoot! Great way to start!

"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Knute78 wrote:Nothing else showed. That's ok, it was a successful hunt to start the year. I'm pulling the camera card on my way out to see what I got in the last month and a half. Hopefully I don't kick myself for not shooting a decent velvet buck. I just didn't get that feeling that said....shoot! Great way to start!

Good hunt. Im pumped just to know your out there!

Looking forward to this thread. I dont have a smart phone, wish there was a way i could participate more.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Cool thread.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Here is one of the bucks from tonight, taken last night. He looks bigger in this picture than he is in real life. The other was taller but not nearly as wide.

MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 am

Well maybe next time.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 am

Good luck everyone!
Opening day is the 14th in NJ can't wait the get some blood on the ground:-). EAB till 9/28 in my zones.
Last year there were a ton of posts and views on this tread. With all the new members, we should blow away last years stats!

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm

My weekend has been somewhat of a disaster. Rear end blew up on my truck last night. Had to wait 2 hours for a tow back home. Then took the car to grab my dads work truck so I could use it for hunting this morning and the alternator was bad and battery died, used a tow strap to get that one home.

Made it out this morning on about 1.5 hours of sleep. Saw not an animal besides birds and squirrels. Couldn't make it all day, too tired so I bailed out and wanted to figure out where the buck I was hunting was bedding. Jumped the buck I was hunting out of his bed after tracking him through a swamp.

If nothing else I did find an area void of hunting pressure. Just not much game on this piece. Over 700 hunters this morning and when I checked out at noon only 1 small buck and 4 hogs checked out. Pretty dismal.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:04 pm

14 Does. No bucks. No doe tags.

Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 pm

PalmettoKid wrote:My weekend has been somewhat of a disaster. Rear end blew up on my truck last night. Had to wait 2 hours for a tow back home. Then took the car to grab my dads work truck so I could use it for hunting this morning and the alternator was bad and battery died, used a tow strap to get that one home.

Made it out this morning on about 1.5 hours of sleep. Saw not an animal besides birds and squirrels. Couldn't make it all day, too tired so I bailed out and wanted to figure out where the buck I was hunting was bedding. Jumped the buck I was hunting out of his bed after tracking him through a swamp.

If nothing else I did find an area void of hunting pressure. Just not much game on this piece. Over 700 hunters this morning and when I checked out at noon only 1 small buck and 4 hogs checked out. Pretty dismal.

:shock:

Things will pick up...... :mrgreen:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”